This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Way setup

I installed 2 Insteon dimmers in a very expensive setup last night, 2X 45.99. The install went great but HS doesn't see the status of the "secondary switch". Did I miss something, again!!!
    Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by deverson1; March 12, 2008, 07:18 PM.

You say you have a three-way, which in reality doesn't exist in Insteon so I assume you have 2 switches linked to each other in each direction. If this is the case then HomeSeer will see the switches operate the load correctly so long as you have updated the switches in HomeSeer after you linked them together.

Jon

Originally posted by deverson1 View Post
    I installed 2 Insteon dimmers in a very expensive setup last night, 2X 45.99. The install went great but HS doesn't see the status of the "secondary switch". Did I miss something, again!!!
    Thanks
    Dave
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

What do you mean by updating them after linking? I did the tap add and then did the linking "a to b" and "b to a".
      Thanks
      Dave

Comment

When you do any linking at the switches there is no way for HomeSeer to know that you changed anything. If you tap-link a switch you need to go to the Insteon plug-in config page, select Manage Devices, then click the Update Programming on all new and updated devices button.

This will cause the plug-in to look at your devices and see what has changed. Once the changes are downloaded into the plug-in it will understand what is happening in the system.

Jon

Originally posted by deverson1 View Post
        What do you mean by updating them after linking? I did the tap add and then did the linking "a to b" and "b to a".
        Thanks
        Dave
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X