• Show
Clear All

Email me that debug log directly to my email

blade9123 at gmail dot com
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob, thanks for your great help with this. I'm going to document the complete solution to my issue here to help others.

Using URLs you built from my logs and asked me to test, I was getting connection reset by server errors trying to get to my plex LAN IP on port 32400. Poking around plex forums, I tried the same URLs you sent but with localhost:32400 and they worked. Fortunately, my plex and HS3 servers are one and the same, so that solved my lack of server and player devices once I configured BLPlex to use 127.0.0.1.

Confused by why I was reading all these plex forum posts about <private IP>:32400/web and similar URLs using the LAN IP, I finally found the cause.

Secure connections: required was set on the Network page of server settings. This allows access to any player coming to my server via https://plex.tv over a TLS protected connection using the SSL certificate that plex obtains for each Plex Pass user. It blocks access for all insecure clients - even on the same physical server - except if I use the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1.

To prove this was the cause, I set secure connections to preferred and the test URLs both worked on my LAN IP.

If you want to use BLPlex and your plex server is on the same system as your HS3 server, you can configure BLPlex to use IP 127.0.0.1 and keep secure connections set to required. If they are on different systems, you'll need to set secure connections to preferred.

Comment

No problem - glad you got it working
        I will copy your post and put it into the first thread
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Great plugin Bob - THANKS!

Is there any way to show artist when playing music, not just track name?

Otherwise, great, only thing that would be nice is a "who watched what" .. which I think was requested a while back.

David
            ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

I have updated the zip int he first post
              I added an artist and album devices to players
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                I have updated the zip int he first post
                I added an artist and album devices to players
                TOP MAN!

I'm off for a play!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
                  TOP MAN!

I'm off for a play!

Thanks!
                  Hi Bob

New devices work great, but I now find that new plex players dont have devices added for them.

Any ideas?

The HS log does not get any updates for new devices.

Plex server is v1.2.0.3167-aa897d8 - not been updated for a while (beta to support the HD DVR functionality).

The BLPlex log shows some weird entries - noting devices that belong to other plugins. Please see attached extract (captured while two players playing that dont have BLPlex devices).

Thanks as ever!

David
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have 2 Plex servers running in my house. I have been able to get the first one set up without problems, but the second one just doesn't want to work.

See the picture for the message that I get on the plugin management page.

Has anyone else gotten multiple instances to work?

I have deleted the additional instance and re-created it. I have shut down HS3 and re-started it, I have disabled and re-enabled and every combination of the above to no avail.

Any suggestions on what to try?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                      Install went fine, shows initialized but no token.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
                      Hi Bob,

Exactly what I am getting with Plex running on a QNAP NAS and HS3 running on HomeTroller - two diff machines.

I do have security set to Preferred.
                      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

That is odd - Can u capture a debug log of it so I can see if there are any errors
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

I have posted the 2.0.10 zip in the first post
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the help! I just updated to the latest version and still replicate the issue. I have just emailed you the log to your gmail.

THanks again.
                            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

The build I posted should fix the issue where multiple sessions are sometimes not showing.
                              I will do my best to take a look at your issue before I leave on Thursday for vacation.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
                                Hi Bob

New devices work great, but I now find that new plex players dont have devices added for them.

Any ideas?

The HS log does not get any updates for new devices.

Plex server is v1.2.0.3167-aa897d8 - not been updated for a while (beta to support the HD DVR functionality).

The BLPlex log shows some weird entries - noting devices that belong to other plugins. Please see attached extract (captured while two players playing that dont have BLPlex devices).

Thanks as ever!

David
                                Try the newest zip in the first thread for this one and see if it helps
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X