Google Home not linking now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home not linking now?

For some reason Google Home linking stopped working? Was working 2 days ago. I added a Virtual Switch went to update it by unlinking and linking and it wont link at all now. Borked. Anyone have any sugestions? I've rebooted Homeseer. Reinstall the Home app. tried other app links and they are working. Help?!

Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
    For some reason Google Home linking stopped working? Was working 2 days ago. I added a Virtual Switch went to update it by unlinking and linking and it wont link at all now. Borked. Anyone have any sugestions? I've rebooted Homeseer. Reinstall the Home app. tried other app links and they are working. Help?!
    I'm having the same issue. Replaced a bad device, unlinked and could not re-link.

Comment

I got a response from Greg in support it was on their end. Fixed now. Now I'm having problems I purchased a plugin and didnt get a license. Ugh

Comment

Same issue here going on over a week now, I unlinked and attempted to relink after removing a virtual Radio Ra2 device and have been unable to re-connect ever since.

Comment

Same happened to me today. What is the cure of this problem. I did re-install Google Home. No luck.

Comment

I'm also having connectivity issues today.

I've had it connected and working for over a month, but today I asked google to sync my devices, and after it acknowledged that and began running that process all my Homeseer devices disappeared.

Now when I try re-link Homeseer, it accepts the MyHS password and goes to the 'assign rooms' page by no devices show up and Homeseer remains unlinked.

Do I have to reset the GH devices, or is there something else going on?

Comment

Google Home

I think you should try for Amazon Echo smart speaker

Comment

I have Amazon Echo sitting along with Google Home for tests in my home lab before deciding which one to deploy throughout the house.
                GH is broken now and Amazon is live. However Google works better for me when it is up and running. For example I do have HS3 devices called "volume" for my whole house music system. GH manages them well. Alexa refuses by thinking that the word "volume" refers to its own volume.

Comment

Guys,
                  Try doing a hard reset on your Google Home device as this has fixed this for many users.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not sure how doing a hard reset on the hardware would fix the problem in the software on my phone and/or homeseer... And since I have 6 Google Home devices, I don't really want to reset them.

Comment

Tried it. Didn't help. Everything goes normal getting the message "Syncing your Homeseer devices" and nothing after that. Maybe HomeSeer have to check on their end.

Comment

BTW are there any restrictions as of number of HS3 devices or device types that must be met for Google Home to accept HS devices? I've added substantial number of HS3 devices and device types since last successful connection to Google Home and can't sync anymore.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Last night I believe there was an outage with Google Home as it wasn't displaying correctly in the home app, and randomly telling me it didn't understand "sync my devices". I saw this both with my Google Homes and my Google Assistant on the phone. It's working reliably this AM.

I also found (there's another thread here), that when I enabled the Schlage Zwave lock, the Homeseer devices wouldn't sync.

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post

I also found (there's another thread here), that when I enabled the Schlage Zwave lock, the Homeseer devices wouldn't sync.
                            How do you "enable" or "disable" a device? I want to give it a try disabling some devices that I've added lately to see if it affects Google Home linking. However I don't want to delete them. I do not see any option to "disable" a device.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                              How do you "enable" or "disable" a device? I want to give it a try disabling some devices that I've added lately to see if it affects Google Home linking. However I don't want to delete them. I do not see any option to "disable" a device.
                              Sorry; Go to the device properties and check / uncheck "Voice command". If voice command is unchecked, it shouldn't be visible to Google Home (or Alexa).

Comment

Working...
                              X