Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 RF

Hi Mr. Weijenberg;
    I'm hoping you can add this to the next update of the plugin.. It appears that when adding a X10 RF device your plugin leaves the the "Device Type" field blank,, Mark's Insteon plugin (and maybe others..) appears to scan for an X10 address and than if it is an X10 address check to see if it has a device defined in the "Device Type" Field if there is no device type text it decides it's an "Insteon X10" device".. It seems to me a subroutine that checks the that checks the letter house code that I have set up other than disable and X10 RFXCOM or something.. It wouldn't surprize me if you message back that your plugin already checks for this and it just isn't working here,, that's been the norm on this build !! Please let me know if you think you can do something ,, for now the work around appears to be to manually put as I do "X10-RF" and all is fine.. It's not a big deal it appears Mark's plugin doesn't do anything but add "Insteon X10" in the blank blank "Device Type" field...

TIA
    Dave

Open the device and you can add any text in the Device Type field.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      Open the device and you can add any text in the Device Type field.
      I know I can do that ,, I was hoping of a little automation.. I was thinking that it would be easier to mod your plugin as you have a management page that that one selects whole X10 ranges seems to me like others do is if somebody sellects , lets say B than anytime makes a home code with B your software fills in the device type text.. I think that your style of programming lends itself better to do something than Mark's style of programming,, which he appears to scan via button to see if there are X10 addresses with blank device text his plugin assigns it the Insteon X10 in the blank device text field.. As you stated it can be done manually and it appears to work most times, so it's not a huge thing.. Maybe a feature for a later date ??? Thanks Dave.

Comment

Working...
      X