This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends.txt & CID to Audrey Question

I have the plugin sending Acid information to the Audreys, however, only names and numbers that are in my freinds.txt list are being sent to the Audreys and showing up as the device \91 status. Non freinds.txt names and numbers are showing up in the HomeSeer log file but never make it to the Audreys or the device \91.
    Does anyone have any input on this? I've searched the forums for freinds.txt info and didn't find any realating to this problem.
    Thank you,
    Jay

This logic is internal to the plugin. I did a quick look and nothing obvious shows up. Looks like it should take the telco number/name if the lookup in HSP and Friends fails. I'll dummy-up a number and test later this evening.

Comment

I just tried it after deleting a phone number. ACID displayed the number from the TELCO. Are you certain you do not have the hsp phonebook loaded as well with the number in it. The logic that is applied is as follows

During init the phonebook entries from HSP and Friends.txt are added to a Dictionary
      During CID event the Dictionay is queried for existence of the number. If present it uses the wav and name. If not it uses the name that is delivered from TELCO.

If you are using the serial modem, then what may be happening is the number comes first and the plugin acts upon it before the name is received from the modem. Let me know if you think this is the situation.

Comment

I am very certain I don't have HSP phonebook loading, I don't use HS Phone at all. HS Phone does launch at startup but that's it. HS Phone is set to use modem "none" and set to com port "0".
        I'm just using a Hawking type PCI internal modem on COM3.
        I do know that I have non-existant WAV files in my Freinds.txt list, but I would expect problems with numbers within the Friends.txt list and not from regular phone calls. Let me know if you would like me to test any situation or print logs.
        Thanks again for your help and for this amazing plug-in!
        Jay

Comment

It's looking more like a timing issue.
          I had my first NON-freinds.txt caller showup on the Audreys, however it was the phone number of the non-friends.txt caller but the name was that of the previous caller.

Here is some info incase it helps. The above "name" (of the LAST caller) that was displayed wasn't the "friendly" friends.txt translated name but the name of the LAST caller from the phone company. (The LAST caller is in the freinds.txt list).
          Thanks,
          Jay

Comment

Jay D.
            I'm willing to try some things if you are willing to do the evaluation at your end. I can test that I did not break the current operation, but I cannot test if it fixes yours.

My idea is to start processing when NMBR is received and the result of the phonebook lookup is null then to wait TBD milliseconds for NAME to be received. If not received then send NMBR / Unknown.

First confirm that the sequece from your TELCO is NMBR then NAME. If it is not then the currenty theory to fix the problem will not apply. This is observed from the Modem Window.

I receive two scenarios. The most common one is where I receive NMBR and NAME. The other is where the first input is WIRELESS CALLER and then a second or two later the NMBR and NAME are delivered. In this second case I actually get two ACID messages delivered by the plugin.

Comment

Here is the output from the modem window.
              09:44:49 | RING
              09:44:49 |
              09:44:51 | DATE = 1231
              09:44:51 |
              09:44:51 | TIME = 0947
              09:44:51 | NMBR = 3604426532
              09:44:51 | NAME = JACKSON R D
              09:44:55 | RING

I'm willing to test and try anything you want.
              Thanks again,
              Jay

Comment

Heres another interesting note.
                When I started the "modem window" an ACID message was sent to my Audreys, at first I thought this must be a normal test message until I looked at the information. What was displayed in Acid was the name of the non-freinds.txt person from the last call (farther up in these posts) as provided by the phone company and the phone number it gave was the phone number of the previous FRIENDS.TXT person that had called. So, I'm wondering if perhaps instead of a timing issue or along with a timing issue, that either the modem window is holding something up or something isn't getting flushed from the modem window.
                Thanks again,
                Jay

Comment

If the Debug checkbox is checked then opening the modem window will send a 1234567890 Michael McSharry to ACID, otherwise there is no relationship between the window and ACID. What could be happening is the NMBR in 1234567890 completes the recognition.

What I did for a data collection exercise is to put log messages at each signficant decision point. No change in logic, just info gathering now.

My email is in my profile and that will be a quicker turnaround if you prefer. Put the attached in the homeseer directory and give it a spin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X