• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russound CAV 6.6 (Six inputs/Six Zones)

Thanks!
    <style></style>

Comment

Here switched from two not connected CAS44's to two connected CAA66's and sold one CAA44.

This would be a similar set up as HAI HiFi generation 1 which was only a serial connection.

For control went to using KPL LED keypads and Omnitouch serial screens way back.

The Omni controls are pure hardware - enabling an input, zone, volume, balance, et al and no media control.

I installed a mini serial server made for Russound/HAI for two way to one serial transport so then I used Homeseer and the OmniPro stuff.

Fastest remote here is via the Russound KPL keypads.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Hopefully you're right. I'm only using HS ZEE now so I can get the Alexa functionality. I've had to create a bunch of User Buttons to do basic Audio control.
        I would pay extra for Alexa capability! Russound is working on an Alexa skill, but only for their newest line of controllers. Likely because all of the newer ones have ethernet direct capability. https://www.russound.com/alexa
        <style></style>

Comment

Picked up a new Hifi-2 today. Seems like everyone likes Russound, but I didnt like that they went towards only allowing certified installers. I just dont feel like jumping through more hoops these days..

Looking forward to a new home build this spring.

No pressure...
          Last edited by mhog; January 16, 2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

This might be best in its own thread, but I will ask here as a few of you have chimed in about having 16 zone HI-FI 2 systems. Do you all have the 8 zone expansion kits? If so are they in their own enclosures, one right above the other one? Or are they in a larger can? I got good deal on my HI-FI2 main controller and cant seem to find a good deal on the expansion kit (costs more that the main board). Wondering if just running 2 main HIFI 2 systems would be doable?

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
              This might be best in its own thread, but I will ask here as a few of you have chimed in about having 16 zone HI-FI 2 systems. Do you all have the 8 zone expansion kits? If so are they in their own enclosures, one right above the other one? Or are they in a larger can? I got good deal on my HI-FI2 main controller and cant seem to find a good deal on the expansion kit (costs more that the main board). Wondering if just running 2 main HIFI 2 systems would be doable?
              I have the 8 zone expansion. Fits in the same cab as the main board. I don't think you can piggyback main boards in any reasonable way just to get extra zones...but I could be wrong, often am.

I see what you mean about no deals available. I have a dealer account at a supplier, and my price list shows $1345. Otherwise the best price I see anywhere is 1800+.

PM me if you want more info.

Tom

Comment

Russound CAV6.6 Here

I have the Russound CAV6.6 that I would really like to have it integrated within the HAI plugin

Comment

Leviton HI-FI2

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    I might have asked this before, so I apologize, but what audio model are you using with your panel? Number of zones?
                    Russound CAV 6.6 Six zone.
                    <style></style>

Comment

Count me in!

I would be very interested in Russound support as well! I have a Russound MCA-C5 Controller and a Russound DMS-3.1. I already have my Russound controller connected to the OMNI PRO II via the serial port. Really would like a solution that does not involve splitting the port. Something IP based I think would be straight forward given Russound has an Android/Ios App that controls the unit. I have seen other Homeseer solutions but they all involve the serial port. As others have stated here basic functionality (turning on/off zones, volume, mute, source selection, etc.) There are also two favorites F1 and F2 that would be useful.

Russound does provide Alexa support, but only for their most recent line of models. They have abandoned all support for legacy products

Comment

Count me in too!!!

I have 2 Russound MCA-C5's connected via RS232. I also use the russound app via tcp/ip.. Like the previous post i would like to use this in addition to Rob's app. I would pay extra for it as well, rather than buying additional equipment for splitting.

Comment

Rob,

The interest in audio is growing, is this perhaps the next thing to be worked on in the Plug-In?

-Travis

Comment

I promise, as soon as I get this dimming thing handled, audio will be next on my list.
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I promise, as soon as I get this dimming thing handled, audio will be next on my list.
                              That's music to my ears!

Comment

woo hoo!! cant wait thanks rob

Comment

Working...
                                X