Conbee USB dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conbee USB dongle

My goal is to get Lightify bulbs to be controlled via HS3 without using the lightify gateway or connecting over the internet. I currently have a mixed environment of HUE & Lightify and I have tried EVERY article found to pair lightify with the HUE hub and it just doesn't work.

Yes, I can use the HSZigbee plugin. But I found that the lights often had a delay and simply do not react as smoothly as the HUE lights. after reading a few posts on these forums about Lightify, I came across "Conbee". so here are my questions.
    • Will color Lightify A19 and 5/6 inch recessed bulbs pair with Conbee?
    • Does the Conbee USB stick work with HS3 Pro on Windows 10?
    • How are the devices then controlled managed? is this handled by JowiHue?

If anyone has a good working solution with Lightify, please let me know.

Originally posted by potatoheadny View Post
    My goal is to get Lightify bulbs to be controlled via HS3 without using the lightify gateway or connecting over the internet. I currently have a mixed environment of HUE & Lightify and I have tried EVERY article found to pair lightify with the HUE hub and it just doesn't work.

Yes, I can use the HSZigbee plugin. But I found that the lights often had a delay and simply do not react as smoothly as the HUE lights. after reading a few posts on these forums about Lightify, I came across "Conbee". so here are my questions.
    • Will color Lightify A19 and 5/6 inch recessed bulbs pair with Conbee?
    • Does the Conbee USB stick work with HS3 Pro on Windows 10?
    • How are the devices then controlled managed? is this handled by JowiHue?

If anyone has a good working solution with Lightify, please let me know.
    Lightify lights work with the JowiHue plugin in combination with the Conbee or Raspbee (both running deCONZ). The ConBee does work on a Windows 10 Pro system and with HS3 running on the same machine.
    Point of attention is the use of ports, deCONZ has a web interface that might interfere with HS3, but once you assigned both interfaces to different ports, there should be no problem.

You can always test the plugin for 30 days

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I can always add a 2nd IP to the windows machines and try to bind one of the web interfaces accordingly.

I use the JowiHue plugin now for my HUE lights and love it. When you say this works with Lightify, do you have a post I can read or how does that work?

Comment

deCONZ & Lightify

Short Answer: IT WORKS WELL

Two days ago I installed the deCONZ software on my HS3Pro Windows 10 machine. no issues, it took port 8080. i set it to auto start just like my HS3 app.

Today,
        my dongle came. I plugged it into the USB Port, then RDP'd into the HS3 computer. Right away i was asked to update the firmware, So I did. It took me a minute to then navigate the portal and figure it out (it is a little advanced).

I then launched the web portal and found the "user friendly" interface. I created some groups (akla rooms) and then I found the magic "add lights" button. I started with a lightify A19 color bulb....

a few minutes later.... I have added a total of 7 A19's and 10 6 inch recessed lights.

The JowiHue plugin found the bridge and I was able to add it to my HS3. As of now (its late) I have only played with the bulb controls via the deCONZ interface. But so far so much better than the Lightify gateway & app. Tomorrow I will play with the devices that JowiHue created for it and let you now.

Comment

Working...
        X