X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There for me!

Comment

Just realized why... HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.293 (Linux)

I guess the linux version never happened

I REALLY didn't want to have to learn to make it on my own

Comment

Hi Philippe, anything new in 3.1.4.12? I don't see that version listed in the release note.

Thanks
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Hi Philippe, anything new in 3.1.4.12? I don't see that version listed in the release note.

Thanks
          Al
          Done see first post. I was waiting for Homeseer to post the version before updating the version history.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
            Done see first post. I was waiting for Homeseer to post the version before updating the version history.
            Thanks!
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi,
              I have some instances of Players still appearing even though the players are no longer in existence.
              Is there an easy way to delete them?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                Hi,
                I have some instances of Players still appearing even though the players are no longer in existence.
                Is there an easy way to delete them?

Cheers
                Try to remove the entries for these players from the plugin ini file. There is one section per player where the player id (MAC typically) is used to reference it. Make a backup of the ini file before making changes just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                  Try to remove the entries for these players from the plugin ini file. There is one section per player where the player id (MAC typically) is used to reference it. Make a backup of the ini file before making changes just in case.
                  I had a feeling that was going to be the case. Thanks for responding, I'll have a play.

Comment

How to install Squeezebox Server plug-in in LMS 7.9.0?

After re-installing the LMS on my Homeseer PC I've problems with installing the Squeezebox Server plugin.
                    Before the 7.9.0 version I've installed 7.5.5 but in this version I couldn't manage to install the pluging via the Server Extension Downloader.
                    That's why I decided to use the LMS 7.9.0 but how do I install the Server plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Broes View Post
                      After re-installing the LMS on my Homeseer PC I've problems with installing the Squeezebox Server plugin.

Before the 7.9.0 version I've installed 7.5.5 but in this version I couldn't manage to install the pluging via the Server Extension Downloader.

That's why I decided to use the LMS 7.9.0 but how do I install the Server plugin

You go to the LMS you plugin installation page and enter the url to access the repository (of LMS) plugin running as part if the HS3 squeezebox plugin. I don't have the url handy; check the squeezebox plugin documentation available via the hs3 help (or directly access the pdf in hs3_install/html/squeezebox.

Comment

Thanks, piece of a cake
                        I was following the plugin documentation but there is no need to use the extension downloader (anymore?).
                        Everything is working again, thanks for the great plugin!

Comment

I am not sure this will ever be addressed but I thought that it would be good to ask again. I have 2 issues with this plugin and a feature request.

1.I am not able to remove stale players even by modifying the INI file. What I am looking for is a way to remove the stale players gracefully without having to retool every single event action and hstouch button etc. When you remove the stale players the it messes up the player number and recognizes subsequent players as a new player. You can see from the screenshit that I have 17 players and really only use 3. Having a remove button that remove the entry gracefully and prevent that ensuing 40 hours to retool all screens and events with new devices would be greatly appreciated.

2. Having the functional media API on android. I haven't tested much over the past year so I am not sure there has been any developments however I was never able to create one HSTouch screen that allowed you to properly select the player that you want to control and have all the controls work and statuses work. I do have a workaround where I can specify the devices to use but it doesn't work through the media api. I know this isn't necessarily on you but pressure from developers is key to getting this resolved.

Feature Request:
                          A while back you added support to using a progress bar in Hstouch to show the track position. This works great by the way, however ultimately the wife doesn't understand why she cant use it to control the track position. I believe this is possible although in practice it might be a bit cloogey. Even if it wasn't exact it would be an improvement.

Anyhow, thanks for the awesome addon, this is a huge part of our home automation setup and we use it everyday!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Regarding your first point see my replay to your other post about this. Regarding your second point, the media browsing in HSTouch last I checked was no quite there yet. Several authors working on media APIs suggested ways to improve and resolve issues a while back, but haven't believe they have been resolved. I also tried to implement media browsing based on device status setup rather than media APIs but was not satisfactory either. A few open issues need to resolved (discussed with HST) to provide appropriate generic hierararchical list browsing and selection based on device status configurations (would be the ideal generice apporach). Not much I can do within the plugin at this point to provide better browsing support beyond what we have.

Using the progress bar to set the position is a bit cloogey when I tried it.

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                            I am not sure this will ever be addressed but I thought that it would be good to ask again. I have 2 issues with this plugin and a feature request.

1.I am not able to remove stale players even by modifying the INI file. What I am looking for is a way to remove the stale players gracefully without having to retool every single event action and hstouch button etc. When you remove the stale players the it messes up the player number and recognizes subsequent players as a new player. You can see from the screenshit that I have 17 players and really only use 3. Having a remove button that remove the entry gracefully and prevent that ensuing 40 hours to retool all screens and events with new devices would be greatly appreciated.

2. Having the functional media API on android. I haven't tested much over the past year so I am not sure there has been any developments however I was never able to create one HSTouch screen that allowed you to properly select the player that you want to control and have all the controls work and statuses work. I do have a workaround where I can specify the devices to use but it doesn't work through the media api. I know this isn't necessarily on you but pressure from developers is key to getting this resolved.

Feature Request:
                            A while back you added support to using a progress bar in Hstouch to show the track position. This works great by the way, however ultimately the wife doesn't understand why she cant use it to control the track position. I believe this is possible although in practice it might be a bit cloogey. Even if it wasn't exact it would be an improvement.

Anyhow, thanks for the awesome addon, this is a huge part of our home automation setup and we use it everyday!

Comment

Thanks for the reply to this and my other one as well. I do realize that the media API is not on you. I guess what i am wondering is, what is working and what isn't. I use the android client and was never able to successfully control a player even with the most basic functions, such as select a player, power on/off, volume control and track operations (play, pause, skip). Also not just with control, the statuses are all screwy as well.

Obviously I have workarounds in place, by using status and controls tied to devices instead of the media API which then requires multiple screens for each player.

For the music selection, the hacked web skin that i did works just fine as well. It had been some time since i last looked at this and more or less wanted to know from your experience if there has been any progress (which it sounds like there hasn't) and what is expected to work and not work.

Thanks for looking at a way to disable or ignore stale players. This will be a great improvement for me and regardless of the clooge factor would you possibly consider releases a beta or a test version with the track skip feature? I think that having some functionality would be better than none?

Comment

Any update in this? this is almost getting to point where its unusable. I have like 4 instances named TV and same for OFFICE. When creating events I have no way to tell which one I am configuring events for which makes it really difficult. Should I remove these stale players by INI I have redo all screens and current events which is roughly 40 hours worth of work. Please look at a way of overcoming this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X