Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos- Event Actions not actually working

Players are all "Offline".

Cant figure out how to delete this post.
    Last edited by garwood; November 2, 2017, 11:34 AM.

Could you tell me what it is that you are trying to do? If it is an announcement (TTS), you are going about it in the wrong way, unless you have a PC hooked up to a player's input, but even then I think you are not doing it in the recommended way. The TTS I see in this log, is not doing anything for this PI. The events you have, simply stop a player, adjust some volume, play a radiostation, stop it, start it a bit confusing. I think also something went wrong with your screen shot posting, can't quite make out how the events exactly work. I do see an error on adjusting the volume, which concerns me a bit, please also post your player table screen shot. Do you have more players? Are they grouped, paired?
    If in doubt, read up in help file (Tools->Help->Sonos) or search this forum, there are tons of postings on TTS.
    Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by garwood View Post
      Players are all "Offline".

Cant figure out how to delete this post.
      You are running the 3.0.x.x version of the PI which uses the Microsoft Windows provided SSDP and UPNP components. Make sure they still run else the PI won't discover any players. Secondly, make sure your firewall is set to allow both HS3 and HSPI_SONOS.exe to have full access.

The version you are using, albeit the "official" version, is on its way out. The future version (3.1.x.x baseline) can be found in the beta section of the updater. This version does NOT rely on windows components but DOES need proper firewall allowance.

If you have been manually deleting sonos created devices through the HS3 device management page, the HS DB and Sonos INI file will be out of sync and now a lot of things will not work anymore. The way to get out of this is to STOP HS3, go to the <hs root>/config subfolder and delete the Sonos.ini file. Start HS3 again and all devices will be recreated properly. If the PI doesn't find players, something else is going on with either firewall or network (note you cannot have routed hops in your network). Also make sure HS3 runs with administrator privileges.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
      X