www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion

Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion Lighting & Primary Technology General Discussion

Old November 22nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
Viewer

Xiaomi - Yeelight and Vacumn Cleaner

Hi all,

Am new to Homeseer, just purchased the software yesterday and looking into getting some things I already have integrated.

The two which I cant seem to get working are the Yeelights and the automatic vacumn cleaner. Both of these will work directly with Alexa through skills however that doesnt really help me if I want Homeseer to be the heart of the system.

Any ideas on how I can get these to work?

Thanks.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:18 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrage View Post
Hi all,

Am new to Homeseer, just purchased the software yesterday and looking into getting some things I already have integrated.

The two which I cant seem to get working are the Yeelights and the automatic vacumn cleaner. Both of these will work directly with Alexa through skills however that doesnt really help me if I want Homeseer to be the heart of the system.

Any ideas on how I can get these to work?

Thanks.
I am making incredibly slow progress on writing a Yeelight plugin, unfortunately with some slightly odd design decisions that they decided on makes my life slightly harder as I can't use existing SSDP discovery methods and I am having to write my own. I can't make promises that it will ever come to reality (I doubt I will actually use the bulb as I have Ikea bulbs for RGB uses) but if it does it will be weeks before I have anything suitable for testing.

I'm afraid the vacuum cleaner is something I have not looked at and likely won't, it's not a piece of equipment I would really buy and use myself. Unfortunately I've not seen any mention of anything else here either that suggests someone is looking at it.
Old November 26th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Viewer

Thanks Mrhappy.

Wont even bother with the Yeelights then, have ordered the Philips Hue starter kit and one of the limitlessled kits. Will give them both a go and see how they go.