No announcement yet.

Trane TCONT624 T-Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, is this dual fuel option settable on the stat? This is the only issue I have with mine - though not a big problem. Can I change this so I don't get "Unknown state"? I'm running an ancient release the z-wave plugin - 3.0.1.94 but everything else works perfectly... and so I've been hesitant to upgrade.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      Interesting, is this dual fuel option settable on the stat?
      On this thermostat, it is setup for dual fuel when you select HP as the outside unit and gas/oil/hydro as the inside unit in the service menu. I suspect that there is a different operation status value returned by the stat when the gas/oil/hydro is in use and the HP is disengaged which the z-wave plugin does not recognize as a valid value.

Comment

Question to Nexia Users

Originally posted by HTGeek View Post
        I was wondering the same thing... It is a sensor according to the Zwave classification and it's address follows the internal temperature q30 & q31. The API is "Thermostat API, Type: Thermostat Temperature, SubType: General Purpose".

Does anyone know if it can report the outside temperature?
        Question to anyone using Nexia with this stat and the Nexia/z-wave bridge; does Nexia display the outside temperature as reported by the stat?

If so, then it must be providing the outside temperature through the z-wave interface.

Comment

Originally posted by HTGeek View Post
          On this thermostat, it is setup for dual fuel when you select HP as the outside unit and gas/oil/hydro as the inside unit in the service menu. I suspect that there is a different operation status value returned by the stat when the gas/oil/hydro is in use and the HP is disengaged which the z-wave plugin does not recognize as a valid value.
          Thanks for this... I don't have a HP just a 2-stage gas. I would not likely have selected HP (for the life of me now, I can't remember where that is set).
          I wonder if I enabled HP as per your description to see what gets returned.

...as an aside note, I got two of these on Amazon and when I was getting the unknown status, I informed the seller who turned around and sent me a second brand new unit and didn't want the return. Unfortunately, it reported the same. I've just lived with it an can still trigger my booster fan on "Unknown". Other that that, this stat has been %100 ever since I put it in.

Robert
          Last edited by langenet; December 8, 2017, 11:17 AM.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

i included a Trane 850 thermostat in my homeseer Z-wave network and one device was created: Sigma Static Controller 1. it does not even show as a thermostat. i rescanned, but no new devices were found. can anyone advise what steps i can take to be able to control the 850 from homeseer, via plugin or otherwise? model number is TCONTT850ac52UAA. if i link the thermostats to the Nexia Bridge, is there a plugin or other way homeseer can control that interface?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	190424 homeseer device sigma controller train.png Views:	2 Size:	230.5 KB ID:	1300974

Comment

That's because the Trane 850 thermostat isn't supported by HS. As far as I know there's no support for the Nexia Bridge either.

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
                i included a Trane 850 thermostat in my homeseer Z-wave network and one device was created: Sigma Static Controller 1. it does not even show as a thermostat. i rescanned, but no new devices were found. can anyone advise what steps i can take to be able to control the 850 from homeseer, via plugin or otherwise? model number is TCONTT850ac52UAA. if i link the thermostats to the Nexia Bridge, is there a plugin or other way homeseer can control that interface?
                Click image for larger version Name:	190424 homeseer device sigma controller train.png Views:	2 Size:	230.5 KB ID:	1300974
                The 850 has it's own internal Nexia bridge (ie Z-wave controller). You're connecting to it I'm guessing. HS probably can't talk to it directly since the Nexia bridge most likely uses its own protocol to phone home (via Wifi I believe). There used to be a few Github apps to access the thermotstats via the Nexia Web portal (you would need a Nexia account) but I think Nexia was trying to close that door as well.
                The cloud isn't always your friend

Bottom line, use one of the Z-wave only Trane thermostats (ie XL524, XL624).

Z

Comment

understood thanks. the 524 tstat appears to have fewer controls that the 850. have you ever heard of the 524 not being able to control the same air handler hardware that the 850 is currently controlling? i have a 524 so i'll test it when i'm onsite.

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
                    understood thanks. the 524 tstat appears to have fewer controls that the 850. have you ever heard of the 524 not being able to control the same air handler hardware that the 850 is currently controlling? i have a 524 so i'll test it when i'm onsite.
                    I have both 524 and 624 stats, both work fine on my air handler (TAM 7 I believe). They use the standard multiwire interface, not the newer smart interface, so it would depend on what handler you use and what features you're looking for.

Z

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X