DirecTV upgrade to Genie does not discover all clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV upgrade to Genie does not discover all clients

DirecTV upgraded our equipment. We had been running a Genie HR34, an HR24 and 3 H25 boxes. Each unit had its own IP. The new system is a Genie HR54 and 4 genie minis. Each mini is a client without a tuner or IP. I disabled and deleted all instances of the plug-in, deleted the old config files and reinstalled the plug-in. I set the initial instance of the plug-in to the IP of the server. Then I added 4 more instances of the plug-in all with the same IP as the server. Each instance has a drop down with the server and the same two clients as choices. Two of the clients do not show up.

I went through the same process twice, always with the same result.

Ideas?
    Last edited by randy; June 16, 2016, 06:55 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

make sure that all your clients are On then from a browser go to
    http://<ip_of_hr54>:<port>/info/getLocations

and see if it returns more than 2 clients, if you only see 2 clients the problem is on DirecTV side, maybe there something new to configure?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      make sure that all your clients are On then from a browser go to
      http://<ip_of_hr54>:<port>/info/getLocations

and see if it returns more than 2 clients, if you only see 2 clients the problem is on DirecTV side, maybe there something new to configure?
      I'll try that and let you know. DirecTV limits to 4 clients being on at a time, so I will turn the two on that are not being found and the other two off.

Comment

OK. I have the Genie "MEDIA" and 4 clients "LR", "MBR", "US" and DS. The plug-in detected MEDIA, MBR and LR. I turned MBR off. and turned DS and US on. MEDIA is also off. Here is what the URL returned:

Code:
        {
          "locations": [
            {
              "clientAddr": "0",
              "locationName": "MEDIA",
              "tunerBond": true
            },
            {
              "HEVC": true,
              "clientAddr": "D42C0FF71964",
              "locationName": "LR"
            },
            {
              "clientAddr": "08EB744E2015",
              "locationName": "US"
            },
            {
              "clientAddr": "08EB748999BB",
              "locationName": "DS"
            }
          ],
          "status": {
            "code": 200,
            "commandResult": 0,
            "msg": "OK.",
            "query": "/info/getLocations"
          }
        }
        It reported all 4 that were on. Is there something I can do to force the plug-in to refresh since it only discovers the clients that are on?

This screenshot shows only the original 3 that were discovered.
        Attached Files

Comment

This morning I deleted the "DS" and "US" plug-in instances. Then I deleted the config files for those two. I turned off all clients and turned on the US and DS Genie clients. I created two new instances of the plug-in and was able to select among "Media", "DS" and "US". I now have all 5 devices configured. When I tried a couple of days ago I has 4 clients on and among them were US and DS, but they didn't show up. I have no clue why it worked today, but problem is solved.

Comment

I will add a button to be able to refresh the list of clients from the config page. (the only solution to do that currently is to restart the plug-in instance)

Comment

in version 3.0.0.16 available here, I have added a refresh button next to the dropdown list of clients.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                in version 3.0.0.16 available here, I have added a refresh button next to the dropdown list of clients.
                Thanks. Mine discovered all of the clients as long as there were 2 or less on at a time. It always found the Genie, it was the clients that didn't always show up. Once added, the plug-in can control any client function, except for power off, on or toggle. The format button also doesn't work. This is on the clients, I have not tested the Genie. Three of the clients are Genie Minis and the third is the new 4K Genie Mini. The server is an HR-54 Genie 4K receiver.

Comment

I also just received the HR-54 upgrade w/ 3 ea 4K wired clients

I will try this week-end with the new plug-in
                  Previous I only saw the genie and the first client. my fault.. the others were not turned on..

Geary
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
                  X