Clear All

Z-Wave Scene Possible Bug with Multiple Z-Nets

Components:
    - Z-Net in main house
    - Z-Net in detached garage
    - Two Z-Wave switches for two banks of lights in detached shop
    - Several Z-Wave dimmers inside main house

Working Scenario:
    An event that activates a scene in the detached garage which turns both light banks off

Result:
    Both light banks turn off

Non-Working Scenario:
    An event that activates a scene in the main house followed by activation of a scene in the detached shop to turn both light banks off

Result:
    The scene activation in the main house works as expected consistently but the activation of the scene in the detached shop fails leaving one light bank turned on

Basically, the problem only occurs when I activate scenes on different Z-Nets in the same event. I have 100% repro.

Where can I look to see why the one light bank is not turning off and why the main house Z-Net scene activation is affecting it?

thanks,
    Dan

Just tried creating a separate event that activates the "lights off" scene in the detached garage and have repro when calling that event from another event which activates a scene on the main house z-net.

I delayed that nested event by 30 seconds and the problem does not occur.

Timing issue with multiple Z-nets? Are they stepping on each other?

Comment

The problem is resolved with a 1-second wait event between scene activations on different Z-Nets. As soon as I remove the wait event, the problem returns.

Comment

Nice troubleshooting. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
        X