Google Home not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home not working

Is anyone else having problems with GH link to HS?

MyHS seems to be accessible, but GH voice control has all of a sudden stopped working on all 4 of my MyHS accounts. Checked with a friend and he is also having the same problem.

Could be a problem on Google's end as there also seems to be a problem with GH voice training not working.

We've had several users having issues with their Google Home device needing to be hard reset to start working again.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Wow, hard reset all 4 of my speakers? And relink all 4 users?

It's not the GH app is it? Was contemplating deleting app data as well.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post

Still working ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post

I was having a similar problem. I had Google Home executing HS commands just fine and then it just stopped working one day. The strange thing was that Google Assistant on my android phone still executed the HS commands. In hindsight that should've clued me into focusing on the GH device itself.

I set up a Home Mini today and it executed HS commands as soon as I got it configured OOTB. Saying, "Turn on the table lamp" to the Mini worked right away. I walked into the kitchen and said the same thing to the original GH and it said, "Sorry, I'm not sure how to help with that."

That led me to do a factory reset on the original GH, which cured the problem right away. I didn't have to change anything in my Google Home account or HS.

Comment

Originally posted by terp2max View Post
            I was having a similar problem. I had Google Home executing HS commands just fine and then it just stopped working one day. The strange thing was that Google Assistant on my android phone still executed the HS commands. In hindsight that should've clued me into focusing on the GH device itself.

I set up a Home Mini today and it executed HS commands as soon as I got it configured OOTB. Saying, "Turn on the table lamp" to the Mini worked right away. I walked into the kitchen and said the same thing to the original GH and it said, "Sorry, I'm not sure how to help with that."

That led me to do a factory reset on the original GH, which cured the problem right away. I didn't have to change anything in my Google Home account or HS.
            We are receiving many support requests on this issue and in nearly all cases the factory reset solves the issue. There must be a firmware issue affecting certain units.
            πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Sorry for what seems like a dumb question, but does GH run events as well like echo?

While I have a couple of dots, my buddy got a GH for a Christmas gift and I was surprised at the sound of that thing playing music. Has me wonder if I should get one...

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I've been watching the Alexa/Google Home evolution for a while and I decided to go GH.

The value of a smart speaker is two fold: integration with smart devices and ability to respond to queries.

The GH is lagging behind the Amazon thing in terms of integration with smart devices but catching up. As far as the ability to answer queries, I think this has been Google's turf for a while and I don't see Amazon catching up anytime soon: it's not its core business.

I had a Google Home device and got a Mini for Christmas. The Mini's audio quality is not a the level of an AV system, but I was surprised at how loud and clear it could get.

Just saying, not trying to sway, but keep an eye out for GH...

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                  I've been watching the Alexa/Google Home evolution for a while and I decided to go GH.

The value of a smart speaker is two fold: integration with smart devices and ability to respond to queries.

The GH is lagging behind the Amazon thing in terms of integration with smart devices but catching up. As far as the ability to answer queries, I think this has been Google's turf for a while and I don't see Amazon catching up anytime soon: it's not its core business.

I had a Google Home device and got a Mini for Christmas. The Mini's audio quality is not a the level of an AV system, but I was surprised at how loud and clear it could get.

Just saying, not trying to sway, but keep an eye out for GH...

mine is still working as well....

google home in kitchen
                  google mini in master bedroom

so far my thoughts (don't have an alexa)

Google Home and Google Mini
                  pro:
                  * sounds great
                  * mic is super sensitive
                  * integration into HS has been super easy
                  * send from note 8 easily
                  * created a huge WAF and KID interaction
                  * now can have family turn lights on/off - holiday inside lights
                  con:
                  * haven't found one

I am glad I told the wife I wanted to go the "Google" route as a friend has the Amazon Echo and while they love theirs, Google is hitting it home in my house. I searched and searched and I too saw that the Amazon is ahead... for now.. Google is closing in bigtime.
                  a guy at work has the Samsung Smart Hub and using Alexa and he is intrigued (I'm trying to convince him on the homeseer venture!!!)
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Try this troubleshooting steps https://www.indabaa.com/google-home-not-responding/ and check as 1st solution it worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X