Z-wave error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave error message

I get several of these a day for various devices. I guess z-wave does a retry because the command is successful, but I have no idea what's causing this or what to look for. Optimizations don't seem to have any effect.

It's a z-troller with z-wave plugin (3.0.1.130) and latest hs3.

Dec-13 7:13:33 AM . Z-Wave Error . Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: 3rd Floor Office Lamp
    Last edited by mmn; December 13, 2017, 08:26 AM.
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

I have exactly the same problem, see this thread

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192639

unfortunately no solution, just observations... have that problem for a long time and never found anybody able to help

I have also optimized, reduced polling (helped a little bit), and I have a dedicated PC running HS3 on a Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3 with 8GB of RAM

Comment

These messages are nearly always indicate a range issue. If you move your Z-Wave interface closer to the device do these messages subside?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I will give it a try next time I see a device with status unknown. One of the regular culprits sits in my attic, basically straight under the Z-net but with 2 ceilings (wood) in between. Connection in Z tools is showing as direct. Another device which occasionally fails is only about 5 meters away, with just one wall in between. The house isn't that big so I'd be surprised if it was a range issue. I also have about 60 nodes, so plenty of ways routing... nevertheless, I will try moving the Z-net closer (this would not be a permanent solution as my Z-net is centrally located in my house) and see if it resolves the issue.
        Just thinking back, this has happened with 2 modules in a double socket, one module not responding and status unknown, the other module was fine without any problems
        Last edited by mikee123; December 13, 2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Have set polling to 0 on latest 3 devices having this problem. I should have mentioned it is intermittent.

I can't really move the interface, but maybe polling and range is the issue. We'll see if there's improvement. One of the devices is furthest from the interface, but another is closest - in the room directly above the system.

Question: when that error occurs, does hs immediately retry?
          Regards,
          Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Some of the device status unknown could be down to the zwave .173 beta, I have posted in the above thread. But I had the problem before .173, just not to that extent.
            Over the weekend I will try to move my znet to non responsive devices to test.

Comment

Working...
            X