Device statuses not saved on power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device statuses not saved on power loss

I have a hometroller SEL on 3.0.0.318. Whenever the hometroller loses power, it doesn't save the status of any devices. It's like it only saves statuses when a proper shutdown/reboot is done. I try to do this from time to time, but the last one I have is from about two months ago, so all of my timers and counters for certain things are useless now. If this isn't a bug, is there at least a way to make the server reboot itself every week or something so I don't lose everything when the server loses power?

You can create an event that runs a script to backup as often as you want.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
      I have a hometroller SEL on 3.0.0.318. Whenever the hometroller loses power, it doesn't save the status of any devices.
      If this is a common occurrence (or even if it isn't), I'd recommend that you get a UPS for the Hometroller. When the power has been off too long you can have HS shut down gracefully to be sure it is ready to go when the power returns.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        If this is a common occurrence (or even if it isn't), I'd recommend that you get a UPS for the Hometroller. When the power has been off too long you can have HS shut down gracefully to be sure it is ready to go when the power returns.
        I do have a UPS, unfortunately this time homeseer stopped responding and I had to cycle the power. How do I set this up? I have an energy monitor so do I create an event where if the value changes to 0 for a certain amount of time I could have it shut down? Do I have to do this with a script?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          You can create an event that runs a script to backup as often as you want.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
            I do have a UPS, unfortunately this time homeseer stopped responding and I had to cycle the power. How do I set this up? I have an energy monitor so do I create an event where if the value changes to 0 for a certain amount of time I could have it shut down? Do I have to do this with a script?
            There are at least of couple of free plug-ins that will let you do it with an event action. Blade's "BLShutdown" and CF Guy's "Restart" plug-ins will let you shut down or restart HS.

There are also plug-ins and scripts that will allow you to monitor the status of selected UPS boxes. Blade and Jon00 have options, I think, and there are probably others.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
            X