ISY Insteon 1.0.2.31 RC10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Insteon 1.0.2.31 RC10

This is version 1.0.2.31 RC10 of the ISY Insteon Plug-in.

Very minor changes in this release. If no critical issues are reported in the next week, this will become the 3.0 GOLD release and it will be submitted to the HomeSeer updater.

Versions between 1.0.2.15 and 1.0.2.21 have buggy thermostat triggers. Triggers on thermostat values will likely never happen. The triggers should be fixed and working in 1.0.2.22.

This is being released as an installation package that will update an existing installation of the plug-in to this version. It will re-use the your existing license key.

The internal changes introduced in version .15 have been working well and there has been no regressions that I am aware of. At this point, I am expecting to carry this change forward to the next gold release. With these changes, I now expect the Plug-in to work with all current and future versions of the ISY firmware, however it is still possible that UDI will introduce changes that will cause issues with the plug-in (i.e. things like support for variables).

This version is the third release candidate for the next GOLD release. Please report any issues so that they can be resolved before the final release.

Installation
    1. Download the ISYInsteion-1.0.2.31.zip file
    2. Unzip the contents
    3. shutdown HomeSeer
    4. Run HomeSeerPluginISYInsteon_2_0_0.msi
    5. Restart HomeSeer

Updates since 1.0.2.14
    - Internal code changes to ISY network communication layer.
    - Cleaned up the trigger support and trigger strings. This version should automatically update existing triggers. Please verify that triggers are functioning as expected after upgrading to this version.
    - Fixed bug that could cause a program crash when invalid data is used to send a command to the ISY.
    - Fixed a bug in the thermostat Heat/Cool call secondary devices were not displaying the proper status.
    - Fixed a bug in the SetIOEX API handler where it would crash the plug-in if the device passed in wasn't mapped to an ISY device.
    - Added a drop down menu to the primary thermostat device to allow control over thermostat mode.
    - Added a new web page specifically for thermostat status and control.
    - Additional improvements to the iMeterSolo support. If you previously had iMeterSolo devices configured, you will need to go to the plug-in configuration page and use the "Update Device Types" button.

Updates since 1.0.2.15
    - Fixed bug in device parsing. ISY device folders and parent folders were not getting set.

Updates since 1.0.2.16
    - Fixed bug in ISY Device Triggers. The trigger string getting passed to HomeSeer was incorrectly built so it would never match and thus never fire any ISY Device Triggers.

Updates since 1.0.2.17
    - Fixed bug where programs were not respecting the auto-add setting and would always create HomeSeer devices.
    - Fixed bug where the plug-in could use standard X10 house codes A-P for non-X10 devices if the A10/X10 module was in-use.
    - Improved handling of device code allocation to better reused device codes.
    - Improvements in iMeterSolo support (still incomplete)
    - Removed support for non-specified thermostat set points. Early thermostat adapters supported a set point command/event that would flip between heat and cool depending on the thermostat mode. Current adapters support only individual heat and cool set points. This version will try to automatically remove the "- SP" thermostat device node.

Updates since 1.0.2.18
    - Fixed bug that would cause thermostat names to get corrupted if the device configuration page was used on a secondary thermostat device.
    - Fixed device enable/disable bug when a device name matched a different device address/id.
    - Added additional information for 501 errors returned from the ISY when trying to send a command. It now should list what was sent to the ISY to help with resolving these problems.
    - Added events to track the event and command queue backlogs. If the backlog exceeds 10, an event will fire and output a log message.
    - Improved the iMeterSolo output, it might be more correct now. Good news is that SmartHome shipped my iMeterSolo order today.
    - Improved the status page reporting of device info.

Updates since 1.0.2.19
    - Fixed a bug in the code that waits for a response after a command is sent to the ISY. The logic was backwards causing it to resend the command at least one additional time and in some cases up to 5 times.
    - Fixed a bug where thermostat and iMeter Solo device values would sometimes get updated with the wrong value (i.e. humidity would get temp value, cpw would get tpw value).
    - Improvements in the iMeter Solo status string output. This version should have full support for iMeter Solo devices.

Updates since 1.0.2.20
    - Fixed bug where the thermostat state device was not getting updates.
    - Fixed a bug where the the event/command threshold setting was not parsed correctly from the .ini file.
    - Added a wait for response to query commands.
    - Enhanced the "STATUS" class of messages so that all changes in device status should result in a log message.
    - Enhanced the handling of device status web page buttons. These should now wait for a response from the ISY and update the status on the page after the button press.
    - If you see a "*Warning*" message about multi-capability devices, please let me know. I have these printing to help me track down possible race conditions.

Updates since 1.0.2.21
    - Fixed bugs in thermostat triggers.

Updates since 1.0.2.22
    - Fixed bug where the "Update Device Types" button would incorrectly configure some devices so they would no longer display status updates on the status screen.

Updates since 1.0.2.23
    - Changed capitalization on some status message text so that they are all consistent.
    - Added very preliminary support for ISY variables to make sure the gold release continues to work with initial ISY3.x beta firmware releases.

Updates since 1.0.2.24
    - Fixed bug where variable nodes would cause failure to display status page.
    - Added ability to set a variable using an action.

Updates since 1.0.2.25
    - Added device for thermostat fan control.
    - Added triggers for variables
    - Added actions for iMeterSolo
    - Added Synchrolinc to device list
    - Fixed thermostat fan control on thermostat control page (and thermostat API)
    - Re-classified the thermostat cool/heat/fan control devices as status devices instead of thermostat devices.
    - The thermostat control/status page willonly display if a thermostat device is available
    - Fixed triggers for weatherbug, energy monitoring
    - Fixed bugs in command completion detection code.

Updates since 1.0.2.26
    - Fixed bug in the thermostat status/control page where it would fail to update the proper thermostat when more than one is present.

Updates since 1.0.2.27
    - Fixed thermostat mode selection action on status page.
    - Fixed CmdSetFan() thermostat API.
    - Fixed variable trigger display on events page.

Updates since 1.0.2.28
    - Fixed GetFanSet() thermostat api command.
    - Added ability to detect when a command to the ISY is failing because it is doesn't change the device state. This case will no longer generate error messages.
    - Ignore thermostat messages that come from non-main thermostat devices.

Updates since 1.0.2.29
    - Added support for variable names. Variables will now have the name as defined in the ISY.
    - Added GetFanMode() thermostat API function. The missing function would cause HST to abort thermostat status queries.
    - Fixed some minor issues with the thermostat API.
    - Fixed a problem where commands sent to the ISY would re-try over a 5 minute interval if the command was not changing the device state. For example, sending an On command to a switch that was already on would result in the plug-in re-trying the command 5 times. Now the plug-in will check the command action against the current device state before re-trying.

Updates since 1.0.2.30
    - Added error checking when trying to parse the WSDL description file from the ISY. The plug-in will no longer try to initialize if this fails.
    - Added error checking to make sure a valid house code is returned when the plug-in request a new house code from HomeSeer.
    - Added a validation and automatic repair of corrupted house codes in existing devices.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpwwer; April 20, 2011, 09:42 PM.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Lost Data

I installed what appears to be the final release (v. 2.8.11) from Universal Devices on the ISY-99. I then installed the 1.0.2.15 plug in. Everything works, except that the plug in does not show the Parent and Folder information from the ISY-99. When I go to the ISY admin, I see all of the devices in the proper folders, but as viewed from the plug in Configuration page, that data is not present. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Jerry

Comment

Update

I uninstalled the 1.0.2.15 beta and installed 1.0.2.14. The folder information has returned and HomeSeer seems to work correctly with the new ISY firmware.

For what it's worth...

Comment

Thanks for the report. I can verify that the lack of parent information is a bug in the plug-in. I'm working on a fix.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.2.16 of the plug-in has been uploaded, this should fix the missing parent/folder information bug.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I installed 1.0.2.16 and it works fine. No issues so far. Thanks...
            Last edited by ; January 25, 2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Event Triggers Failing under 1.0.2.16.

I am running ISY firmware v.2.8.11 and plug-in version v.1.0.2.16.

My events based on Triggerlinc 2421 sensors no longer trigger. My ISY program does trigger, but my HomeSeer event based on the device changing to "ON" does not.

Here are entries from the log as I open a door:

1/29/2011 1:09:22 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Z/Alarm Sensors/Kitchen Door Open now at 0
              1/29/2011 1:10:11 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Z/Alarm Sensors/Kitchen Door Open now at 255
              1/29/2011 1:10:11 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: My Programs/Alarm now at Running True
              1/29/2011 1:10:11 PM ISY Insteon MAIN: Update My Programs Alarm to Running True
              1/29/2011 1:10:11 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: My Programs/Alarm now at True
              1/29/2011 1:10:11 PM ISY Insteon MAIN: Update My Programs Alarm to True
              1/29/2011 1:10:18 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Z/Alarm Sensors/Kitchen Door Open now at 0

Comment

Version 1.0.2.17, just uploaded should fix the problem with the device triggers.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Event Triggers Working Again

I installed the 1.0.2.17 Beta and the event triggers are working again. Thanks!

Comment

Version 1.0.2.18 releases. See notes in first post above for details on the changes.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Normally I don't rush to intall UDI betas, but I have a new dual-band switchlinc coming and I want to go to 2.8.14. Has the plug-in been tested against/used with this version yet?

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                        Normally I don't rush to intall UDI betas, but I have a new dual-band switchlinc coming and I want to go to 2.8.14. Has the plug-in been tested against/used with this version yet?
                        Not yet, I'll probably upgrade to 2.8.14 tonight. There's nothing in the change list for 2.8.14 that leads me to believe there'll be a problem.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I running ISY Firmware 2.8.14 now and no issues so far.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.2.19. See first post for details on the fixes and additions.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob, FYI, I upgraded to 2.8.14 a day or two ago and no 501 issues anymore! Timlacey, this version is practically a release. I don't know when they started release canidates but I just moved up from .10 which was RC6 I think. What I am trying to say is they are fixing the tiny, don't affect everyone bugs before they call it a current release so it's a very stable version.

Comment

Working...
                              X