No announcement yet.

Intermatic PE653RC MultiWave Z-wave Pool/Spa/Home Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...HS3 beta is out, i tried it out, imported all my zwave devices and pretty much all failed with various glorious status messages. Until I figure all that out, does anybody know if HS3 Beta support this device now in the zwave plugin? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentcossack View Post
      So...HS3 beta is out, i tried it out, imported all my zwave devices and pretty much all failed with various glorious status messages. Until I figure all that out, does anybody know if HS3 Beta support this device now in the zwave plugin? Thanks.
      No it does not at this time. Z-Wave in the current beta is close to the same as in HS2 as far as device support (I think only the Minimote is new) - all wrapped up into the new UI. What is currently happening is that now some rewriting of the Z-Wave code is going on so that we can better support some of the newer devices and we will begin to add support for those new devices when that is done - rewrite should be done within the next few weeks.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
        No it does not at this time. Z-Wave in the current beta is close to the same as in HS2 as far as device support (I think only the Minimote is new) - all wrapped up into the new UI. What is currently happening is that now some rewriting of the Z-Wave code is going on so that we can better support some of the newer devices and we will begin to add support for those new devices when that is done - rewrite should be done within the next few weeks.
        Thanks for the update, Rick. Sounds like good news and the wait may be over somewhat soon. At least this year I hope.

Cheers.

Comment

I am actually of need for something to control my Pentair variable speed pump, booster pump for the polaris cleaner, my heater, and ideally a temperature sensor. This looked like a good device but seems like it has issues right now with Homeseer? Now that HS3 is out has anyone tested it?

If not is there a different zwave device someone recommends for automating a pool system?

Comment

bump...

Comment

If I could lay hands on one I would test and if any changes were needed, make them right away in HS3... so not having one, I have to wait and see if any HS3 testers have one.

I just have Z-Wave outlets and kill the power to the heater and the pump that way - no temperature sensor at this time, but I did add a pressure switch running back to a digital input in the house (not Z-Wave, but ZW would have been easy to do using a door-window sensor)... the pressure switch in combination with the Z-Wave outlet tell me if the pump is on and if we are getting the right pressure through the filter system - if not, such as if something clogs the filter intake or if the water level drops too low, then the drop in pressure when the pump is on causes an instant message to me.
              Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                If I could lay hands on one I would test and if any changes were needed, make them right away in HS3... so not having one, I have to wait and see if any HS3 testers have one.
                Rick... I will have mine drop shipped to you. Forward it on when the changes are avail ..
                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                  Rick... I will have mine drop shipped to you. Forward it on when the changes are avail ..
                  Sounds like a plan - thanks!
                  Regards,

Comment

tis on it's way.. sent you a copy of the order so you can track

Geary

Comment

Hi, I'm the guy who started this thread. I've been waiting for some news on this and it looks like we may be getting there.

I was curious so I got the latest beta and tried it out and not much new. Still shows up as 5 binary devices with a weird temperature node that has no status. Basically I see no way to operate this device from HS at the moment.

Here is a dump from the advanced tab for root node of this device, just as an FYI in case it helps:

HTML Code:
                      Reference ID	2021
                      Technology Address	01625B0C-002
                      Status	0 = OFF
                      Value	0  
                      String	No Status
                      Supports Status	True
                      Dimmable	False
                      Interface	Z-Wave
                      Extra Data Store	31 Named entries, 0 UnNamed entries.
                      Device Type	Type: Plug-In API, SubType: Plug-In Root Device
                      Device Type (String)	 
                      Misc Settings	Status Only
                      Device Image File	images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected.png
                      Thumbnail Image File	\images\Devices\Z-Wave\0005_5045_0653.jpg  
                      Relationship Status	Parent Root
                      Associated Devices	Z-Wave Node 2 Z-Wave Interface Intermatic Switch Binary Node 2 Child Inst 1, Z-Wave Node 2 Z-Wave Interface Intermatic Switch Binary Node 2 Child Inst 2, Z-Wave Node 2 Z-Wave Interface Intermatic Switch Binary Node 2 Child Inst 3, Z-Wave Node 2 Z-Wave Interface Intermatic Switch Binary Node 2 Child Inst 4, Z-Wave Node 2 Z-Wave Interface Intermatic Switch Binary Node 2 Child Inst 5, Z-Wave Node 2 Z-Wave Interface Intermatic Setpoint Node 2 Child

Comment

I confirmed that Tink received the unit.. now just waiting for him to have time to make it work..

Comment

"Make It Work" is right. The PE653 is certified, but the certification house missed a big thing in how it reports the temperature setpoints that it supports. Intermatic did it wrong, and we are not going to get them to change it anytime soon (and certainly not for the units already out there) so I am making an adjustment in our code.

The other thing is that I am not sure that they give you all of the information you may need to set up your system properly - there is a whole host of Z-Wave Configuration settings that you need to go through to set it up for the various pump types that you may have. I am going to add a setting for the mode, which determines whether you have a pool, spa, or both installed, but the numerous other settings you can set using the generic configuration setting at the bottom of the settings. There are a lot of them and it should be a one-time deal setting it up, so it does not make sense for us to create a UI for each and every one of them. To make it easier to re-program in the future, create a table of the parameter number, parameter size (1, 2, or 4 bytes) and the value that you use, and that way it will be easy to re-configure the unit if for some reason you remove and re-add it to your network.

The enclosed document explains these settings and I have no idea why Intermatic does not provide them with the unit.

This should (fingers crossed) be working in our next release of the Z-Wave plug-in.
                          Attached Files
                          Regards,

Comment

Thanks Tink. If I had it to do over again......
                            BUT, I have completely rebuilt my spa control system to accept the new toy. I am way beyond going back.

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                              Thanks Tink. If I had it to do over again......
                              BUT, I have completely rebuilt my spa control system to accept the new toy. I am way beyond going back.
                              Nobody suggested going back.
                              Regards,

Comment

no offense.. just my weird sense of humor

Comment

Working...
                                X