HS3 logs not plain text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 logs not plain text

Just wondering if there's a way to make HS3 log in plain text in addition to the new format?

With HS2 I use BLLogMonitor to trigger events based on the HS2 log.

With HS3 the log (.\Logs\HomeSeerLog.hsd) is no longer plain text.

+1
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

There is a way..sort of. I can't seem to find the post or file about it. I asked this same question a while ago but it seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, the plugin you are looking for is called Log2Text. It simply takes the HomeSeer log and creates a new one that is in plain text. From there you can create events based on log entries. I have some that detect when Zwave or Insteon are no longer responsive and reboot Homeseer.

Hopefully someone else can find the file/post!
      Attached Files
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

You can convert the log to plain text (sqlite is another program to use for that) or view it realtime as with HS2. It's under View/Log. That's actually the easiest way. When you want to copy some text from it, unclick the auto refresh button.

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
          There is a way..sort of. I can't seem to find the post or file about it. I asked this same question a while ago but it seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, the plugin you are looking for is called Log2Text. It simply takes the HomeSeer log and creates a new one that is in plain text. From there you can create events based on log entries. I have some that detect when Zwave or Insteon are no longer responsive and reboot Homeseer.

Hopefully someone else can find the file/post!
          This seems like a good solution, because I need to take action upon some log entries in combination with BLLogmonitor (like I did in HS2)

Thanks I will give it a try, the post you mean is http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161868 I guess.
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I/O interface Log2Text is down

Hi, I use the plugin Log2Text for some days. It worked great. But suddenly I get the error "I/O interface Log2Text is down". I can't find out why? I searched for config file but I can't find one.

The plugin: Log2Text 3.0.0.0 ==> CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected

Does somebody know a solution?

Many thanks in advance!
            Last edited by Ralfmen; January 29, 2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Try this, fixes a few bugs:

LOG2TEXT v3.0.0.3

Please note that in addition to the text based HS3 log, this version will also create a separate log file formatted for programs like Splunk called 'SplunkLog.txt'. There is no way to disable this functionality.

Comment

hi Chrisgo. Thanks for the quick response. I installed the plugin you posted. Unfortunately this does not do the job. I have the same error.

The HS3Pro log says:
                jan-30 10:24:43 Info Plugin Log2Text with instance: has disconnected
                jan-30 10:24:35
                Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Log2Text
                jan-30 10:24:25
                Info Plugin Log2Text has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50399

What I can see is that the IP is wrong. Does that matter?

At the plugin page of HS3Pro it says:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Log2Text - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Please note that in addition to the text based HS3 log, this version will also create a separate log file formatted for programs like Splunk called 'SplunkLog.txt'. There is no way to disable this functionality
                I don't see this file....?

For me this is a "must have" plugin to use the log file. So I hope there is a solution.

Like to hear from you.
                Many thanks in advance!

gr Ralf
                Last edited by Ralfmen; January 30, 2015, 04:37 AM.

Comment

127.0.0.1 is your own computer, also called "localhost". As long as you don't run the plugin remotely, 127.0.0.1 is the right place to connect.
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hi Ralfmen, can you tell me about your system?
                    - Installation directory of HS3
                    - Version of Windows
                    - Location of HSPI_LOG2TEXT.exe
                    - Version of HS3

Also, if you could put HS3 in developer mode from the plugin page, and then enable the plugin, there may be a clue in the console window launched on the HS3 PC.

If it's crashing the console window won't be there for long so if you can, try and screenshot any error that shows up before it closes.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

For some unidentified reason the plugin works as it should. I updated to the new version you supplied, that did not do the job. But a few hours later and a couple of restarts later, everything works as it should. Why? I don't know. The restarts where not intended to get the plugin to work. Just for maintenance of my system. So my problem seems solved.

Hi Ralfmen, can you tell me about your system?
                      - Installation directory of HS3
                      - Version of Windows
                      - Location of HSPI_LOG2TEXT.exe
                      - Version of HS3
                      Installation directory the standard windows directory eg. C:\program files\homeseer HS3
                      Version of windows win8.1 fully updated
                      Location of HSPI_LOG2TEXT is the root of HS3 as it should
                      Version of HS3: HS3Pro v3.0.0.152

Please note that in addition to the text based HS3 log, this version will also create a separate log file formatted for programs like Splunk called 'SplunkLog.txt'. There is no way to disable this functionality.
                      This file is was present for a while, now it is gone. But everything works normal.

Also, if you could put HS3 in developer mode from the plugin page, and then enable the plugin, there may be a clue in the console window launched on the HS3 PC.
                      Then I disabled the plugin (marked first the developer mode) and enabled it again. This is what the log of HS3 shows and it seems normal to me.

jan-31 11:16:47 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Log2Text
                      jan-31 11:16:47
                      Info Plugin Log2Text has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50798
                      jan-31 11:16:41
                      Info Plugin Log2Text with instance: has disconnected
                      jan-31 11:16:41
                      Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Log2Text

So far for me it is ok. I hope the error does not come back. The only strange thing is that the file 'SplunkLog.txt' has gone.

Do you have any idea why?

Comment

The Splunk log file was there and now it's gone? No clue... I don't have anything in the plugin that would remove the file.

Your setup looks good. I've never tested with Win8.1 - I use Win7 x64.

If the Splunk file is not being created, my best guess is file permissions. Are you running HS3 as Administrator?

Chris

Comment

I run HS3 under an other account but with administrator permission. And in that account I run HS3Pro as administrator (shortcut option) or scheduled with the highest privileges. That works fine for plugins as xapmcsTemp0x which need administrator privileges.

But I think you are right. When I want to run a batch with full administrator rights, for example to kill tasks, I have use a command like psexec, to run a batch file actually as administrator. For that I had to create an account as administrator.

What I noticed is that in HS3Pro under plugins the version number shown is 3.0.0.0 and not 3.0.0.3 (the same as the zip file). The file date is 10-09-2014. Is this correct?

But anyway at this moment it works fine. I hope it will be working. If that is not the case I will come back :-)

Many thanks!

Comment

Yes, last modified September 10th 2014, 2:00:45pm is version 3.0.0.3. In the file properties check under the details tab, should show 3.0.0.3 as well.

I noticed with the version 152 of HS3, it does not seem to automatically update the version # of the plugin unless you do a full HS3 restart. I updated one of my other plugins yesterday and the new # did not show up until after the restart. I am not going through the updater process, just replacing the EXE, but with 149 it did magically change without a restart. Doesn't seem to any more.

Chris

Comment

thx! restarting did the yob :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X