IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drule View Post
    You found a bug! A dumb bug on my part :-( If you leave the address field in the connection blank, this error will occur. I'll fix it shortly to resolve the problem but in the meantime, if you put a value for your local subnet in the address field, eg. 192.168.1.0/24, it should all start working.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm surprised nobody caught that one earlier!

Cheers
    -David
    Awesome. That totally worked. Set it to 10.10.10.0/24 and worked great.

You've just given me hours of work now to work on my lighting setup. :-D

Comment

Another question, is it possible to support feedback from HomeSeer back to iRule?

So, for instance, be able to have a button in iRule reflect the status of a light (on/off, etc).

If so, how would I go about implementing that?

I see something that allows me to send status but only has two devices Device1 and Device2 and not sure where those are configured? Can I specify my switches somewhere to send the value back?

Comment

Originally posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
        Another question, is it possible to support feedback from HomeSeer back to iRule?

So, for instance, be able to have a button in iRule reflect the status of a light (on/off, etc).

If so, how would I go about implementing that?

I see something that allows me to send status but only has two devices Device1 and Device2 and not sure where those are configured? Can I specify my switches somewhere to send the value back?
        I started playing with iRule feedbacks as while ago and got it mostly working but I didn't fully finish it. In iRule, you create a feedback and add it to a page and then using the Send Status/Value action of an event, Homeseer can send values to iRule which will be updated on the page.

I'll dig out the example I used for testing if it helps. As I say, I never really finished it 100%, so I'd be happy to hear your ideas for how it might best function.

-David

Comment

I started playing with iRule feedbacks as while ago and got it mostly working but I didn't fully finish it. In iRule, you create a feedback and add it to a page and then using the Send Status/Value action of an event, Homeseer can send values to iRule which will be updated on the page.

I'll dig out the example I used for testing if it helps. As I say, I never really finished it 100%, so I'd be happy to hear your ideas for how it might best function.

-David
          Yup that's what I figured you would need to do. The problem is when I set up your plugin to send status of a device, the pull down that allows you to select a device isn't populated with my devices from home seer. All it has is two entries "Device1" and "Device2" which makes me think they are hard coded into the plugin and that part isn't implemented fully.

Does that sound right or am I missing something? I'd be glad to help you get this implemented (I'm also a developer and dabbled in HomeSeer plugins a year or two ago).

It would be really cool to only have one button for my lights that detects the status.
          Last edited by ClemsonJeeper; February 5, 2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Trying to learn the drule plugin

Hello everyone. I am new to this plugin and am hoping for some advice. After reading everything I know that this plugin is meant for serial over IP but I think it should also work with direct serial connections. I have a Centralite lighting system directly connected via a serial cable. I can communicate via a script. This example works fine.

Sub Main(parm as object)

hs.OpenComPort(1,"19200,n,8,1",1,"","")
            hs.WaitSecs(1)
            hs.sendtocomport(1, "^C019")
            hs.WaitSecs(1)
            hs.CloseComPort(1)

End Sub

I am trying to do this same thing with the drule plugin but with no luck. Is this set up right? (See Attachment) I tried raw text and binary after converting my ascii ^C019 to binary as shown. I can't get any of these to work. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm probably being a complete norbert here, but was wondering if someone could offer a sympathetic suggestion? x)

I've picked up a Kira ( http://www.keene.co.uk/infra-red/ir-...le-single.html ) as I want to pipe an IR command straight from my Pronto to trigger an event in HS.

So, Kira setup to send to my HS IP address, and a connection setup in the plugin (Attachment 1). I'm not much of a scripter at all, but I just fudged together a small one to see what was coming through in the log, which it shows (Attachment 2)... though I haven't figured out why it comes through twice yet :S

Anyhoo, can I trigger an event based on the IR received just using the Event options, or do I still need to have a script? I'm having trouble getting an event to trigger regardless of how I format in the incoming IR signal. (Attachment 3).

Cheers in advance for the help if anyone has nothing better to do
              Attached Files

Comment

HS 3 drhsipplugin problem

I have tried installing the drhsipplugin plugin in my HS3 system and I am getting strange results as you can see by the attached. The Tabs do not show up properly and there is no ini config information.

I have installed the HSPI_drhsIpPlugIn.exe in the HS3 root and the drhsIpPlugIn.ini under the config subdirectory (not data). I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.152 (Windows) with Win 8.1.

I have been successfully using the drhsipplugin plugin under HS2 for the last year and I am very impressed. I use it to control my DMX lighting via IP communications with an Arcnet Lan controller.

Will this HS3 version work with scripts and IP ??

Example:
                Dim IPP As Object = hs.Plugin("DR IP/Serial PlugIn")
                IPP.Send(mydmxmessage, "C Escaped", "IP_Script_Living")

Thanks for your help,

Doug
                Attached Files

Comment

HS 3 drhsipplugin scripting issue

I have the drhsipplugin installed and working (had to re-install it to clear up Tab Issue).

When I try to call the Plugin from a script, I get the following error:

My Code:
                  IPP.Send(mydmxmessage, "C Escaped", "IP_Script_E684")

Error:
                  Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\__DMXliving Set Lights Variable Color - ArcNet 255 Address.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Public member 'Plugin' on type 'hsapplication' not found.

Was the registered name for the
                  "DR IP/Serial PlugIn" changed in HS3?

This worked fine in HS2, does anyone have an idea why it won't work in HS3? I have attached a copy of the full Artnet controlled script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Doug
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've for a Sony bdbs5200 blu ray player with wifi any idea how to control that guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
                      I have the drhsipplugin installed and working (had to re-install it to clear up Tab Issue).

When I try to call the Plugin from a script, I get the following error:

My Code:
                      IPP.Send(mydmxmessage, "C Escaped", "IP_Script_E684")

Error:
                      Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\__DMXliving Set Lights Variable Color - ArcNet 255 Address.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Public member 'Plugin' on type 'hsapplication' not found.

Was the registered name for the
                      "DR IP/Serial PlugIn" changed in HS3?

This worked fine in HS2, does anyone have an idea why it won't work in HS3? I have attached a copy of the full Artnet controlled script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Doug
                      Doug

I am not much of a scripter, but there looks like there have been some syntax issues in HS3 scripts calling plugins. This thread suggests that it must be a vb.net script and the syntax is as follows:

hs.PluginFunction("MyPlugin", "", "MyFunction", {"Param A", "Param B", 0})

Also try "drhsIpPlugIn" as the plugin name in case that's the issue.

Hopefully one of these will fix your problems, or someone else can jump in on scripting help.
                      cheeryfool

Comment

HS 3 drhsipplugin scripting issue

When I changed "DR IP/Serial PlugIn" to "drhsIpPlugIn" in the old HS2 script - it did not work.
                        Dim IPP As Object = hs.Plugin("drhsIpPlugIn")
                        ---------
                        When I added the new HS3 Plugin Access Code:

Dim pa As New PluginAccess(hs, "drhsIpPlugIn", "")
                        If pa.Connected Then
                        hs.WriteLog("DMX Test", "Connected to plugin drshsIpPlugIn")
                        hs.WriteLog("DMX Test", "Interface name: " & pa.Name & " Interface status: " & pa.InterfaceStatus.intStatus.ToString)
                        Else
                        hs.WriteLog("DMX Test", "Could not connect to plugin drshsIpPlugIn, is it running?")
                        End If

** I successfully connect to the drhsIpPlugIn !!

-------

But, I do not know how to us the hs.PluginFunction to send a message directly to the "drshsIpPlugIn".

my Connection is "IP_Script_Living" or mydmxcontroller (a string)
                        my Command is mydmxmessage (a string)

I have tried:

hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugIn", "", "IP_Script_Living", {mydmxmessage,"", 0})

..but I have had no luck. I am about to break out Wire Shark to determine is anything is being sent out.

If anyone can give me direction I would appreciate it!

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
                          When I changed "DR IP/Serial PlugIn" to "drhsIpPlugIn" in the old HS2 script - it did not work.
                          Dim IPP As Object = hs.Plugin("drhsIpPlugIn")
                          ---------
                          When I added the new HS3 Plugin Access Code:

Dim pa As New PluginAccess(hs, "drhsIpPlugIn", "")
                          If pa.Connected Then
                          hs.WriteLog("DMX Test", "Connected to plugin drshsIpPlugIn")
                          hs.WriteLog("DMX Test", "Interface name: " & pa.Name & " Interface status: " & pa.InterfaceStatus.intStatus.ToString)
                          Else
                          hs.WriteLog("DMX Test", "Could not connect to plugin drshsIpPlugIn, is it running?")
                          End If

** I successfully connect to the drhsIpPlugIn !!

-------

But, I do not know how to us the hs.PluginFunction to send a message directly to the "drshsIpPlugIn".

my Connection is "IP_Script_Living" or mydmxcontroller (a string)
                          my Command is mydmxmessage (a string)

I have tried:

hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugIn", "", "IP_Script_Living", {mydmxmessage,"", 0})

..but I have had no luck. I am about to break out Wire Shark to determine is anything is being sent out.

If anyone can give me direction I would appreciate it!

Doug
                          Hi Doug,

Turns out the way HS3 handles this is completely different than the way HS2 did it, so I had to recode that feature completely. I've sent it to cheeryfool for testing and for him to post to the library thread. Once he's uploaded it you will be able to send commands from a script using the following syntax:

Code:
                          hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugin", "", "Ext_Send_Command", New Object(){"Test Connection", "Test Command"})
                          hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugin", "", "Ext_Send_Data", New Object(){"Test Connection", "Hello\sworld\r\n", "C Escaped"})

“Ext_Send_Command” will send the predefined command, eg “Test Command”, to the connection “Test Connection”.
                          “Ext_Send_Data” will send a string, eg "Hello\sworld\r\n", parsed as either “URL-Encoded, Raw Test, Binary or C Escaped”, to the connection “Test Connection”.
                          Hope this helps!
                          -David

Comment

I've sent it to cheeryfool for testing and for him to post to the library thread.
                            This is now updated in the first post here
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Hello, Cheeryfool

an you modifie the name of the link to config page of Plugin drhsIpPlugIn
                              Not Config, But for ex: DRHSIPConfig

A french developer has created a plugin on 09-25-2013 with config file linked to Config (same your)

When i start this plugin, i have an error :

Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of Config. Plugin: drhsIpPlugIn Instance:

The french developer is NOT now on Web , and he don't send the source, and i cant modifie this plugin (TELEINFO)

Tanks for your help

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                                Hello, Cheeryfool

an you modifie the name of the link to config page of Plugin drhsIpPlugIn
                                Not Config, But for ex: DRHSIPConfig

A french developer has created a plugin on 09-25-2013 with config file linked to Config (same your)

When i start this plugin, i have an error :

Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of Config. Plugin: drhsIpPlugIn Instance:

The french developer is NOT now on Web , and he don't send the source, and i cant modifie this plugin (TELEINFO)

Tanks for your help

Jean-Francois.
                                Bonsoir J-F.

I am not the PlugIn author, that's "drule", but he saw your post and made the change for you. I have just uploaded v0.0.0.12 here which should solve things for you.

Let us know if you have any problems

Cheers
                                James
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X