This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wposner View Post
    Awesome! Exactly what I needed. Question--why does it show that the plugin is loaded remotely under the "Enable" column in the Plugin Management page?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, as mine just shows up as a regular plugin. Did you make sure to delete the updater_override.txt file and restart HS?
    Last edited by bphillips; November 4, 2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Regarding the Thermostat API for HomeSeer, can you add Current Program to the list of status trackable devices and "Resume Program" to the list of Actions in HSTouch? or can that only be changed by HomeSeer?

I was hoping to keep the stock thermostat screen and just add a "Holding TEMP" and "Resume Program" button that changes based on the device you select, rather than create three separate screens for each thermostat again for my iPhone clients.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
        Awesome! Exactly what I needed. Question--why does it show that the plugin is loaded remotely under the "Enable" column in the Plugin Management page?
        that is strange, try to restart and make sure there is no HSPI_Ecobee.exe process still running after you stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Regarding the Thermostat API for HomeSeer, can you add Current Program to the list of status trackable devices and "Resume Program" to the list of Actions in HSTouch? or can that only be changed by HomeSeer?

I was hoping to keep the stock thermostat screen and just add a "Holding TEMP" and "Resume Program" button that changes based on the device you select, rather than create three separate screens for each thermostat again for my iPhone clients.
          unfortunately there is nothing I can do, it's a HomeSeer/HStouch feature.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            that is strange, try to restart and make sure there is no HSPI_Ecobee.exe process still running after you stop it.
            Restart fixed it. Thanks!

Comment

Spud, I got this error in the log after HomeSeer was running for about a day. I restarted the plugin and the error appeared on startup, so I restarted my entire server and the error appeared on startup again. Any idea what it might be? I know that one of the plugins I have, JowlHue, uses Newtonsoft JSON and others have had similar errors with that plugin, but I don't have any errors with the JowlHue plugin so I'm not entirely sure if there's a conflict.

ERROR Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "autoHome" to type 'Ecobee.Net.EventType'. Path 'type', line 2, position 21. ---> System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'autoHome' was not found. at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument) at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult) at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase) at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.EnumUtils.ParseEnumName(String enumText, Boolean isNullable, Type t) at Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.StringEnumConverter.ReadJson(Json Reader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.StringEnumConverter.ReadJson(Json Reader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.D eserializeConvertable(JsonConverter converter, JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.S etPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulate(JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.PopulateInternal(JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.PopulateObject(String value, Object target, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObject.OnLoadFrom(String json) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObject.OnLoadFrom(Object dataObject) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ApiObject , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid2[T0,T1](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ApiObject , Object ) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObject.LoadFrom(Object dataObject) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Event , Object ) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObjectCollection`1.OnLoad(Object dataObject) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ApiObjectCollection`1 , Object ) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObjectCollection`1.Load(Object dataObject) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , EventList , Object ) at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.ApplyDetails(Selection selection, Object data) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Thermostat , Selection , Object ) at Ecobee.Net.Thermostats.d__12.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()

Comment

Spud, I got this error in the log after HomeSeer was running for about a day. I restarted the plugin and the error appeared on startup, so I restarted my entire server and the error appeared on startup again. Any idea what it might be? I know that one of the plugins I have, JowlHue, uses Newtonsoft JSON and others have had similar errors with that plugin, but I don't have any errors with the JowlHue plugin so I'm not entirely sure if there's a conflict.
                It's not a conflict. The plugin received an event type (autoHome) that it didn't know (because this type is missing in the documentation)
                I will fix it and release a new version.

Comment

It's not a conflict. The plugin received an event type (autoHome) that it didn't know (because this type is missing in the documentation)
                  I will fix it and release a new version.
                  It sounds like that might be where the schedule says the thermostat should be in away mode, but it detected motion and went into auto-home mode.

Comment

please test version 3.0.0.4, it should fix the error

Comment

please test version 3.0.0.4, it should fix the error
                      No errors with 3.0.0.4 so far.

One more request for whenever you push out another version: Can you change the default status icon for Online so it's a picture of the thermostats? I changed it manually but every day or two it resets back to the yellow "On" icon. Also, no icon appears when the current program is "Hold". Is that normal or am I missing an icon?

Here's what I changed the icon to, to better fit the style of HS3/HSTouch:

Comment

No errors with 3.0.0.4 so far.

One more request for whenever you push out another version: Can you change the default status icon for Online so it's a picture of the thermostats? I changed it manually but every day or two it resets back to the yellow "On" icon. Also, no icon appears when the current program is "Hold". Is that normal or am I missing an icon?

Here's what I changed the icon to, to better fit the style of HS3/HSTouch:
                        If you change the icon for a device status it should only revert back to the default one if you upgrade to a new version.

You're right, there is no icon for Hold right now
                        What do you use for "Offline" icon? I think I'm going to stick with the standard HS icons for now.

Comment

If you change the icon for a device status it should only revert back to the default one if you upgrade to a new version.

You're right, there is no icon for Hold right now

What do you use for "Offline" icon? I think I'm going to stick with the standard HS icons for now.

Sometimes when I deploy HSTouch projects the ecobee icon changes back to the Yellow "on" one. It's a little strange, but I can deal with it.

I'm using the regular offline icon for now since none of my thermostats have gone offline yet.

Comment

Just got the plugin installed and it's working well! Is it possible to show the current equipment running (Heat, Cool Aux)?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                              Just got the plugin installed and it's working well! Is it possible to show the current equipment running (Heat, Cool Aux)?
                              the HVAC status device gives you the current status of the system: Idle/Heating/Cooling

Comment

the Ecobee plugin is now in the updater ("Thermostat / HVAC" section) and in the store: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Prod...HS3-P2085.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X