Insteon Thermostat Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Thermostat Support?

When I try and add a thermostat in HS Touch my ISY connected Insteon Thermostat isn't listed, so the mapping to buttons doesn't just happen. Feature not there yet? Or an issue on my part?

I can map most buttons to HS devices easy enough but the Mode/Fan buttons which usually cycle through options aren't as easy. I guess I could do events or script to cycle the events but wanted to check if I need to go this way first.

Thanks

That's a known issue. I think it's discussed briefly on the main thread for the HS3 version. As far as I can tell, I'm creating the thermostat device correctly, but HStouch doesn't recognize it.

I've looked at it a couple of times but it's been a while so maybe it's time I looked at it again.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Well that would be great if you have the time. There was a comment I saw elsewhere about a Thermostat's Root Device having to be present - The thermostat created by your plug-in doesn't have a root device as far as I can tell, it just seems to be a collection of 'normal' ISY/Insteon devices, so perhaps there's something there to consider.

Happy to test anything if you need me to. Thanks again Bob.

Comment

Thanks for prompting me to look at this again and for the pointer to the root device.

The HS documentation about how to do this is a bit thin. Some of it doesn't look familiar so I wonder if things have changed a bit since I last looked at it. Also found a number of other posts with queries about how to create the root/child device structure, but they had no responses.

I think I have it properly updating the devices now, at least I was able to create a test screen in HSTouch with a thermostat template and was able to hook up and get the various parts working.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X