Recommendation UK Replacement Programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation UK Replacement Programmer

Looking for a replacement for the timer/programmer for my boiler (not a combi, the programmer gives me 3 times/day 5/2 configuration for both the hot water and central heating separately. Everything I have found seems to be central heating only but that's no use with a standard boiler.

How much are you wanting to spend?

Heatmiser PRTHW V3

Heatmiser PRTHW-TS

I might go for this one when it is released

Heatmiser PRTHW-TS WiFi

Comment

Only the last one is wifi enabled. I'm looking for something I can control from HomeSeer, ideally with z-wave. These are pretty touchscreen programmers but that's all, unless I've missed something obvious. It looks like they do various network products.

Comment

You are out of look at the moment for Z-Wave thermostat in europe.

Hopefully a script/plugin could be written to control the Heatmiser PRTHW-TS WiFi.
        Last edited by ; October 17, 2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I've seen the Horstmann ones. Just wondering if anyone else without a combi boiler had a setup like this. I asked Horstmann and they said they're not doing anything like this at the moment, but it can be that big a change to add in the programming ability and control a second relay.

Comment

Are you running hstouch?

If so all you need is some means of switching the two circuits via homeseer and then design some screens for heating hot water control, if you do this it may be wise to leave your original timer in place but disabled in case of failure.

A quick search showed up:-

http://zwave-products.co.uk/shop/art...26aid%3D207%26

if you are going the zwave route.

Cabbage
            Last edited by cabbage; October 18, 2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Been a little while since I was on here. Thanks for the reply.
              Other than z-wave products I can't find anything about this device, even from Horstmann's own website. I'm trying to work out exactly what I need to replace a standard setup with a conventional boiler, i.e.
              boiler
              3-way valve
              hot water cylinder thermostat
              room thermostat
              programmer which has timer for both heating and hot water.

All the z-wave programmers I can find are only for heating as they're only for combi boilers, but presumably there is a way to use the product Cabbage suggested with a Horstmann z-wave thermostat and heating timer (I guess leaving my homeseer setup to do the hot water timer bit)? Any help appreciated!

Comment

For anyone interested I've posted a public beta of a HS3 Heatmiser WIFI plug-in here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...97#post1141097
                Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                X