Script to set setpoint on a radiator device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script to set setpoint on a radiator device

Hi have Danfoss valves and they work fine - I can type in a stpoint, say 18, hit submit and the setpoint is set in the radiator valve. If I change the setpoint on the valve, the update to HS3 is there right away.
    Trying to set the setpoint through scripting does not work, and I cant figure out why
    Example: hs.SetDeviceValue "295", 18 - not working

My setpoint device is of type: Thermostat API, Type: Thermostat Setpoint, SubType: Heating 1

My question is: How to set the setpoint in a script (as SetDeviceValue does not seem to do it)

/Mav

You are not mentioning which version of HS you are using. The answer will depend on this, but neither will be using HS.SetDeviceValue,
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      You are not mentioning which version of HS you are using. The answer will depend on this, but neither will be using HS.SetDeviceValue,
      Hi NicolaiL- thanks for pointing out. Im on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.130.

/Mav

Comment

In this case you will need to use CAPI control to do this. I don't have access to my code here, but if you have a google on the board for CAPI control you will find samples. Basically you will need to send the correct setpoint, e.g. "21 C" as a CAPI command.

You will find sample code that will list the various CAPI commands associated with a given device which will help you work out what command to send for the control.

Hope this helps...
        Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Mav,

Take a look at this thread for some examples: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169898

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Hi Mav,

Take a look at this thread for some examples: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169898

Cheers
            Al
            Thanks a lot sparkman! I used the script in the thread, adjusted of course, and now I have it all working.

/Mav

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              In this case you will need to use CAPI control to do this. I don't have access to my code here, but if you have a google on the board for CAPI control you will find samples. Basically you will need to send the correct setpoint, e.g. "21 C" as a CAPI command.

You will find sample code that will list the various CAPI commands associated with a given device which will help you work out what command to send for the control.

Hope this helps...
              It did, in order to understand the way the script for CAPI control works, hence I could adjust it.

Thanks,

/Mav

Comment

Danfoss radiator valves.

Hi All,

On reading this post do I take it that Danfoss radiator valves are now working with HS3 or am I getting over excited?

Sorry about the hijack Maverick but hope you don't mind me asking the question.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                X