Should I change from Zwave to Ecobee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I change from Zwave to Ecobee?

ecobee looks great. I run Honeywell z wave therms... they are fine... set them thru HS3 events...but i have them in hallways and i like the thought behind the sensors in rooms where the heat/cool matter. seems like this design solves a big user problem. any reason not to switch and experiment? will they work if HS goes down? or if home wifi goes down? the Honeyweeels work on their own.
    Thanks!
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Originally posted by gfs View Post
    ecobee looks great. I run Honeywell z wave therms... they are fine... set them thru HS3 events...but i have them in hallways and i like the thought behind the sensors in rooms where the heat/cool matter. seems like this design solves a big user problem. any reason not to switch and experiment? will they work if HS goes down? or if home wifi goes down? the Honeyweeels work on their own.

Thanks!

They will work without wifi but you obviously wouldn't be able to access them through the cloud if that happened, like on your phone or from a computer. You would just have to physically go to the device. If homeseer goes down and you still have wifi you could just access it with the ecobee app on your phone or computer, etc...

Comment

Working...
    X