Error - unknown reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - unknown reason

I have been seeing this error in my logs ever few hours. What should I do?

ERROR Ecobee.Net.Unknown: The call failed for an unknown reason. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Access.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()

could you set the log level to debug from the config page and post more logs

apart from this error, does the plugin function normally?

Comment

no the plug in was not working.

I set the debug level and noticed it said unauthorized. I re-authorized it and it looks like the error stopped and it started working again.

Comment

Started getting these errors myself

I'm getting this same error but it doesn't look like it's an auth issue. Also the plug in doesn't seem to be working any more as in it's not getting temp data or furnace status.

=========

Apr-08 12:05:34 AM Ecobee DEBUG at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Access.d__26.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__85.MoveNext()

Apr-08 12:05:34 AM Ecobee ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.

Apr-08 12:05:34 AM Ecobee DEBUG Response= Bad Request

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
          I'm getting this same error but it doesn't look like it's an auth issue. Also the plug in doesn't seem to be working any more as in it's not getting temp data or furnace status.

=========

Apr-08 12:05:34 AM Ecobee DEBUG at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Access.d__26.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__85.MoveNext()

Apr-08 12:05:34 AM Ecobee ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.

Apr-08 12:05:34 AM Ecobee DEBUG Response= Bad Request
          Could you try to install version 3.0.0.24 available here, it should give more descriptive error messages than just "The call failed for an unknown reason"

Also please try to post the full debug logs, from the time your enable the plugin.

Thanks!

Comment

Fixed it

Hey Spud, thanks for the quick reply.

I thought I didn't get a reply so I tried something... I disabled the plug in, re-downloaded it, then redid the auth (different code this time) and all is good. I did see this one last error before I did all that but I doubt it'll help:

Apr-08 3:06:20 PM Ecobee ERROR The given key was not present in the dictionary. Apr-08 3:06:20 PM Ecobee DEBUG System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.SetControlValue(Int32 dvref, Double value)

Comment

Working...
            X