Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Spud,
    I am also experiencing this error. I enabled the plugin and while listening to iTunes DAAP, my Philips AirPlay speakers pause for the speak event, although nothing is spoken, and then resume playing music. I did set a 3 second delay in ITunes DAAP.
    Do you use the "Pause iTunes when HS is speaking" feature from the iTunes DAAP plug-in?
    This feature does not play well with Airplay Speakers because even when iTunes is paused it's still own the connection to the Airplay Speaker for some time, preventing the AirplaySpeak plug-in to send anything. So I would set this feature to No and I would use the :"Event Before" and "Event After" settings from the AirplaySpeak config to disable/enable the speaker before/after the TTS is sent, see screenshots below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	events.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1185100

Click image for larger version

Name:	config.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1185101

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    When I list the HS speakers in the advanced section of the speak event, only my computer is listed as a client.
    This is expected, the Airplay speakers do not appear as standard HS speakers, you to manually enter their name if you want to target a specific one.

Comment

Added info.

After installing this plug-in I ran into the same "Request failed, error RTSP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error" error. The above event approach does fix the iTunes DAAP/Airplay Speak potential conflict but I was not to keen on turning-off Windows Firewall as described earlier.

In my case, on W7, the solution was to leave the Firewall ON then "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall" and add "HSPI_Airplay_Speak.exe" to "Home/Work (Private)"

Regards.

Comment

Working...
      X