Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handler After Command Not running

Blade,

I cannot get the Handler "After" trigger to fire. The device turns on, but none of the options turn the device off.

I've tried ever combination I can think of:
    - HS[ToggleDevice~v45] in "Before/After Commands" box and nothing in "After Command" box
    - HS[ToggleDevice~v45] in "Before/After Commands" box and HS[ToggleDevice~v45] in "After Command" box
    - HS[ControlDevice~v45~On] in "Before/After Commands" box and HS[ControlDevice~v45~Off] in "After Commands"
    - I even created two manual events to turn the device on and off, then called the events from the handler. HS[RunEvent~BLGData - RDO - Toggle - On] in "Before/After Commands" box and HS[RunEvent~BLGData - RDO - Toggle - On] in "After Commands"
    - with and without a before offset
    - with and without an after offset
    - with and without "Use End Time" checked

Help?
    Last edited by kesterf; December 17, 2016, 05:50 PM.

It's a known issue. It hasn't worked for me ever I believe. I think I put in a help desk ticket but might not have so feel free to go ahead and log one.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

@Blade,

Any thoughts on this one?

Congratulations on the new dog by the way!

Comment

Capture me a small debug log of the after not working
        Just email it to me directly and explain exactly what should happen so I can follow it thru
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Will do. I'll get it off this afternoon.

Thanks!

Comment

BTW here is the little cutie
            Attached Files
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

After Handler

Have we made any headway on this issue. I have certain handlers that work correctly and certain handlers that do not.

For instance, I have a 'Holiday' handler that should turn on/off when the word holiday is in a calendar event. It will always fire 'on' but never 'off'

I have a handler that is 100% reliable that fires 'on' when my son is scheduled to come to my house from his mom's, and fires 'off' when he leaves.

I have a 'Shift' handler that reliably fires 'on' when it is supposed to, but fires 'off' immediately before it fires on, not when it is supposed to.

I have sent you log files in the past, but in order for them to capture all the events, it would have to be running for days and gets awful large

Comment

Originally posted by Vodden View Post
                Have we made any headway on this issue. I have certain handlers that work correctly and certain handlers that do not.

For instance, I have a 'Holiday' handler that should turn on/off when the word holiday is in a calendar event. It will always fire 'on' but never 'off'

I have a handler that is 100% reliable that fires 'on' when my son is scheduled to come to my house from his mom's, and fires 'off' when he leaves.

I have a 'Shift' handler that reliably fires 'on' when it is supposed to, but fires 'off' immediately before it fires on, not when it is supposed to.

I have sent you log files in the past, but in order for them to capture all the events, it would have to be running for days and gets awful large
                Capture me a debug log of the handler not working and attach it zipped
                Explain exactly what should be happening with the handler - the more detail the better

I will try and look at it as soon as I can but my daughter just came home yesterday from the hospital after being there for 2 weeks so I cannot promise anything
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

No rush! You can get to it when you have the spare cycles. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    Capture me a debug log of the handler not working and attach it zipped
                    Explain exactly what should be happening with the handler - the more detail the better

I will try and look at it as soon as I can but my daughter just came home yesterday from the hospital after being there for 2 weeks so I cannot promise anything
                    No hurry. I saw in another thread that your daughter was in the hospital after I posted. I hope your daughter is well and I will start a log file today (Holiday has triggered on already but never triggers off) and send it off to you tomorrow.

Comment

Did you ever get a chance to look at this issue with regards to the After Commands not getting run, as I'm having the same issues?

Thanks
                      Simon

Comment

I am currently working with a user on this issue
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                          I am currently working with a user on this issue
                          That's great news.
                          If you need anyone else to test it then I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks
                          Simon

Comment

Working...
                          X