No announcement yet.

Virtual device not created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I verify that you are only seeing a crash when you enable the virtual device, can you otherwise use the tag editor? E.g. if you create a tag and set rules, hit save, do those rules exist if you come back to the config page?

Im actively tracking this down, but since i have not been able to reproduce it, I'm currently adding more logging and trying to find cases where linux/windows or potentially other common modules on the system can be generating a case I am not expecting...

Comment

Also can you kindly check for any orphan devices, they would be created with location 'Cps Tags' and location2 empty and let me know if they exist?

Comment

I added additional logging and found a place where I dont feel I correctly handled what I thought to be an edge case (but may be normal on Windows). I just pushed an update to both Flash and Tags with these two changes. If this doesn't address the issue hopefully the additional logging will (it will log more exception detail including a stack trace to the HS log)

Comment

I would be happy to help but my trial timed out. Kinda hard to pay $69 for something that hasn't worked.

Comment

Send me your email by private message, I'll send you a registration. I really appreciated the help and reports, its the least I can do.

Comment

Hi,

when will there be documentation for all three of your plugin?

Thanks. Do you plan to giv a rebate soon? Since i know it is soon the season for Hs rebate

Comment

i can't set any action values in a event from a tag.

it always return to ''select a value''.

The only one i can select are on or off. And when i tried to run the event it does nothing.

i did a test with 3 ceiling lights .
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you post screen shots of the status/control page for each of those devices? I try to be 'smart' and only let the union of available controls for each tag to show up. From what you posted it sounds like 'on' and 'off' are showing up, but not being saved. Using your screen shots I'll try to reproduce this here and get you a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                    i can't set any action values in a event from a tag.

it always return to ''select a value''.

The only one i can select are on or off. And when i tried to run the event it does nothing.

i did a test with 3 ceiling lights .
                    I just pushed a release which hopefully addresses this issue. It includes a potential fix for this issue as well as event display speed improvements.

Comment

So I managed to fumble my way through creating a #Tag for the color of three bulbs in the same room but I can't find any virtual device to control the #Tag. I did manage to create an event that sets the color of the #Tag and that worked. Life's little victories.

What does it take to create a virtual device?

Thanks,
                      Ken
                      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                        So I managed to fumble my way through creating a #Tag for the color of three bulbs in the same room but I can't find any virtual device to control the #Tag. I did manage to create an event that sets the color of the #Tag and that worked. Life's little victories.

What does it take to create a virtual device?

Thanks,
                        Ken
                        Click on the button here (circle slash means no current virtual device)

Attached Files

Comment

Well dang. How'd I miss that?

Ken
                          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                            Well dang. How'd I miss that?

Ken
                            I think I need a different icon there, one of those things when you write it its obvious to you, but not always to others ,) Ill see if I can make it more pronounced in the future...

Comment

I think it's the "Not" underneath it that makes the icon less obvious. Now that I know it's there it's intent is obvious.

Thanks,
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X