After 10 min, GEM disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 min, GEM disconnects

Seems like I'm getting a disconnect from my GEM about every 10 min, then the watchdog fires up and reconnects after about 5 min. Has anyone else seen this? Including my log from HS3, not sure if helpful.

Jul-08 1:37:11 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 312 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 1:21:05 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 306 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 1:05:27 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 12:49:19 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 12:33:11 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 319 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 12:17:03 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 311 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 12:00:55 PM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 303 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 11:44:49 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 306 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 11:29:11 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 11:13:03 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 319 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 10:56:55 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 312 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 10:40:47 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 319 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 10:24:41 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 306 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 10:09:03 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 9:52:55 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 320 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 9:36:47 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 320 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 9:20:39 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 312 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 9:04:33 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 306 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 8:48:55 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 8:32:47 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 8:16:43 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 324 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 8:05:39 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 324 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 7:54:35 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 316 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 7:43:27 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 312 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 7:27:21 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 306 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Jul-08 7:11:43 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8000' for 328 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...

Did you recently update the plug-in? If yes, did you update the packet format of your GEM? See this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186987

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ongoing issue

I'm still having this trouble. Does anyone have any other suggestions on it? I can see in wireshark that I am getting packets over to the homeseer box. I'm trying to log various items usages but with the connection dropping out every 16:02 minutes average. I have to wait on the watchdog to notice and reconnect everything. I suppose I could have Homeseer do a reconnect every 14 minutes to preemptively get ahead of it, but that doesn't seem like an appropriate fix.

Comment

Still supported?

The authors website seems out of order, and I haven't had a response to forum posts or emails. Is this plugin still supported?

Comment

Continuing...

I went ahead and setup a timer to reconnect every 14 min, hopefully that'll normalize things until I can get the serial connection completed. The GEM is about 110ft from my HS3 machine, so I may have to turn the baud rate down from 115200, probably try 19200 first.

I'll report back, maybe useful to someone out there.

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry for not responding. It's very difficult to keep up with the support requests without a real helpdesk ticketing system. Can you please send me an email and I'll call you to chat about the issue. I think that's the best way to proceed.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Having same issues. What was the fix.?

Comment

The plug-in watchdog kicks in when a valid packet is not received within 300 seconds. The fix is to confirm the packet format and settings within the GEM are set correctly.

Comment

I'm have disconnects at exactly 5 mins on my Wifi/Ethernet module communicating on the wifi. I have the correct packet format. What other settings in the GEM should I have to prevent this?

Comment

If you turn on debug within the plug-in, are you seeing a packet from the GEM every 8 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                      If you turn on debug within the plug-in, are you seeing a packet from the GEM every 8 seconds?
                      Yes up until the 5 minute mark and then it stops. I attached the debug file right before it stops and through the stoppage.

EDIT: I tried various packet send times from 5 sec to 15 sec and same result. Attached adv settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	adv.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1411653

Comment

I have seen this a few times over the years, but I don't remember what the setting change was that resolved it. Please reach out to Ben from Brultech. He should be able to tell you which setting needs to be adjusted to resolve this.

Comment

Did anyone have any further guidance on what settings to poke at to fix this? I have two GEMs - both hardwired to one Dashbox - doing same thing.

Comment

I worked with Ben and at Brultech extensively to get this to work without success. This was only on wifi connected GEM. The hardwired GEM didn't do this with my system, but I was not using the Dashbox.

I ended up converting the wifi to ethernet to avoid this problem.

Comment

is there any resolve to this? my GEM doi g the same thing.. I have had the unit for 10 years or so.. used it for a year after I got it then really never touched it.. the HS2 plugin was crashinbg my HS2 mnachine.. now im going to HS4 and thought I can finally use the GEM.. so I updated its firmware, replaced its dead battery, reprogrammed it and go. .. set the packet type to 4, it connects and runs for about 2 minutes then I never see any more packets till the watchdog triggers and reconnects.. doesnt seem to matter if I use client or server modes.. both have exact same results.. the GEM remains pingable from my HS machine the whole time.. both the HS machine and GEM remain pingable from a 3rd machine..

my GEM is ethernet only no wifi.. so its already hardwired. uses a 'WizNet' module.

is there a way to shorten the watchdog timer? is there another plugin to use with GEM since ultrajones is out of the mix? being a Payed plugin someone should support it?

PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
                              X