HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesch View Post
    If it's not too much trouble for you, please send me an example screenshot of a working event. It doesn't really work for me.
    Here you go. This is using a direct file location. You can also use a replacement variable for a device string.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1195541

Name:	Image-1.jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1195542
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

thank you very much :-)

I did something wrong with the path. I took a path over http. That doesnt work. It seems the file has to be stored local.

Comment

Originally posted by joesch View Post
        thank you very much :-)

I did something wrong with the path. I took a path over http. That doesnt work. It seems the file has to be stored local.
        Yes. Adam wrote in the post I linked above: "this box supports replacement variables (if you had a changing filename or something) so you need to copy a full path to a file. UNC paths appear to work fine however a URL will not (this is a security measure)". When I need to do a URL, I just send it and use the hyperlink in the message or the URL field to fetch it from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          If you have upgraded (to .37 or later) then I am afraid there is an extra parameter that is needed on the script call. This is the path for the file if you wish to send an attachment, add another nothing onto it after AI Emergency and see if that works.
          Please please please create a new function next time you need to modify the call. I spent hours debugging the lock scripts because of this, an API should NOT change after being published.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
            Please please please create a new function next time you need to modify the call. I spent hours debugging the lock scripts because of this, an API should NOT change after being published.
            Point taken for the future, please keep in view that I am not an API designer (nor am I a programmer for that matter), earn nothing from this work (the image implementation probably took me 40+ hours to sort) and do my best to satisfy everyone which might mean things go wrong from time to time.

Comment

Point taken for the future, please keep in view that I am not an API designer (nor am I a programmer for that matter), earn nothing from this work (the image implementation probably took me 40+ hours to sort) and do my best to satisfy everyone which might mean things go wrong from time to time.
              You've been told ;-) but thanks for the free plugin either way it's perfect!

Comment

Actually you can restore backwards compatibility pretty easy. Just check the incoming arguments array for 7 or 8 items. Allow the 7 case in which the file path is just treated as if it was there and Nothing/null. If you do that then other plugins and scripts won't be broken by this change. If you need a hand lmk, happy to help on this one as I know lots of people rely on it.

Comment

I have upgraded to version 0.38 and am having issues with the delivery groups. I have set up 3 delivery groups. An event that triggers a PushOver message to a single delivery group or all clients works fine and I've tested on the same event with all three groups individually. By works fine I mean the message reaches the intended devices. My issue is any event that has more than one group selected will only send the PushOver message to one of the groups.

I have triple checked the group keys in PushOver.net and the HomeSeer Plug In and like I said an event can trigger a successful PushOver message any of the 3 groups when only 1 group is selected.

What can I troubleshoot now or is this a known bug?

As a side note though I love the plug in! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfujosh View Post
                    I have upgraded to version 0.38 and am having issues with the delivery groups. I have set up 3 delivery groups. An event that triggers a PushOver message to a single delivery group or all clients works fine and I've tested on the same event with all three groups individually. By works fine I mean the message reaches the intended devices. My issue is any event that has more than one group selected will only send the PushOver message to one of the groups.

I have triple checked the group keys in PushOver.net and the HomeSeer Plug In and like I said an event can trigger a successful PushOver message any of the 3 groups when only 1 group is selected.

What can I troubleshoot now or is this a known bug?

As a side note though I love the plug in! Keep up the good work.
                    I think it's a bit of a known issue that someone reported but has not replied to my PM's so I've not done anything further with it. If you are OK with me sending messages to your devices then if you drop me a PM with the contents of your PushoverConf.ini file (in your config directory) I will take a look and fix it for you.

Comment

Messages Disabled in Pushover Device

I have been using the pushover plugin for a few years now without any issue.

However, last weekend I was testing some new events and accidentally caused about 200 pushover messages to be sent from HS through the plugin. I was able to stop the event but ever since then I have not been able to get any pushover messages to send from Homeseer, receiving this error in the log, "Messages Disabled in Pushover Device".

I ran through all the FAQ steps on Pushover's website to restore/unblock my ios devices but realizes they weren't actually blocked since I was still receiving pushover alerts from other (non-homeseer) applications. I still ran through the steps including deleting the app, manually setting the ios device 2 days ahead and reinstalling the device.

I suspect there is something blocked in the plugin but I can't figure out what.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, deleting the config.ini file with no luck. I even created a new Pushover application to test with but still get the same blocked message.

Can someone help me walk-through things to check or do to restore this HS pushover plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Sinandgrin View Post
                        I have been using the pushover plugin for a few years now without any issue.

However, last weekend I was testing some new events and accidentally caused about 200 pushover messages to be sent from HS through the plugin. I was able to stop the event but ever since then I have not been able to get any pushover messages to send from Homeseer, receiving this error in the log, "Messages Disabled in Pushover Device".

I ran through all the FAQ steps on Pushover's website to restore/unblock my ios devices but realizes they weren't actually blocked since I was still receiving pushover alerts from other (non-homeseer) applications. I still ran through the steps including deleting the app, manually setting the ios device 2 days ahead and reinstalling the device.

I suspect there is something blocked in the plugin but I can't figure out what.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, deleting the config.ini file with no luck. I even created a new Pushover application to test with but still get the same blocked message.

Can someone help me walk-through things to check or do to restore this HS pushover plugin?
                        You have 2 virtual devices, both have to be on to deliver non-emergency messages. Are they both enabled?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1196061

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          You have 2 virtual devices, both have to be on to deliver non-emergency messages. Are they both enabled?

[ATTACH]67776[/ATTACH]
                          OMG, I didn't even know these existed, but that was the issue. It was set to Disabled.

Thank you rprade! I will remember for next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinandgrin View Post
                            OMG, I didn't even know these existed, but that was the issue. It was set to Disabled.

Thank you rprade! I will remember for next time.
                            I'll put it on the list to sort out with a bit clearer logging but just to explain what it sounds like you have done is because of that event creating so many messages the plugin is set to check how many messages you send over what time period and if they are excessive it will disable itself.

It's sort of a protection measure to stop spamming Pushovers website, the plugin and also clearing your account of your free messages (about 7000 a month which the plugin could do in a minute or two if the events were set badly). It sounds like in this situation it has done exactly what it was designed to do but perhaps not quite clear that it had done so.

Comment

I'll put it on the list to sort out with a bit clearer logging but just to explain what it sounds like you have done is because of that event creating so many messages the plugin is set to check how many messages you send over what time period and if they are excessive it will disable itself.

It's sort of a protection measure to stop spamming Pushovers website, the plugin and also clearing your account of your free messages (about 7000 a month which the plugin could do in a minute or two if the events were set badly). It sounds like in this situation it has done exactly what it was designed to do but perhaps not quite clear that it had done so.

Comment

Cannot select Device/Group

I just installed Pushover version 0.0.0.38 (from HomeSeer updater).
                                When I create a "Pushover 3P: Send Pushover Message" action, I select the device that I want to send a message to (by putting a check mark next to the device). When I close the "Device/Group" drop down, the device that I selected does not show up next to "Device/Group". The drop down menu still says "Select Devices(s)/Groups" and does not show the device that I selected (see first snapshot, attached). When I collapse the action, the "Device/Group" says "All Clients" (see second snapshot, attached).

I'm using a Mac. I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, and they all exhibit the same behavior; i.e. I cannot select the pushover device/Group to send a message to. The other drop-down type menu items in the HomeSeer GUI work just fine with the browsers that I use, except the Pushover 3P's "Device/Group" drop-down.

I also have the same problem on a Windows 10 PC using the Edge browser.

Any suggestions?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X