Help With Group Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Group Actions

I am wanting to try and consolidate some of my events that are similar into groups. For example, I have a separate event for each battery low detection (using the excellent SDJ-Health plugin) that fires a Pushover message to me if low battery is detected.

There has to be a way to combine the Pushover notifications (which are the same for every event) into a single event that substitutes the Message Title and Message Body fields with variables. The problem is - I don't have a clue where to start with this. The variable substitutions have me baffled. I have been searching but I haven't run across anything yet.

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I am wanting to try and consolidate some of my events that are similar into groups. For example, I have a separate event for each battery low detection (using the excellent SDJ-Health plugin) that fires a Pushover message to me if low battery is detected.
    Not wanting to deflect you question on group actions but you refer to using SDJ-Health and separate events for each battery low detection. One of the features of SDJ-Health is to be able to use one or two events to report on all your battery devices even as you add or remove them. Page 3 of the guide has examples of events configured to send pushover messages and emails which notify you which battery device has triggered an alert and a short or full report on all your monitored devices. The two events could actually be combined into one. I use a further event to notify me when the alert has been rectified and all are ok. It's not necessary to have events for each device.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      Not wanting to deflect you question on group actions but you refer to using SDJ-Health and separate events for each battery low detection. One of the features of SDJ-Health is to be able to use one or two events to report on all your battery devices even as you add or remove them. Page 3 of the guide has examples of events configured to send pushover messages and emails which notify you which battery device has triggered an alert and a short or full report on all your monitored devices. The two events could actually be combined into one. I use a further event to notify me when the alert has been rectified and all are ok. It's not necessary to have events for each device.

Steve
      Interesting. I will check that out. Thanks!

I am hoping someone can still help with how to use variables for other things, such as notifications for doors and windows open, etc.

Comment

OK - I think I have figured out how to use replacement variables to get Value, Status and String by device reference ID. Can the same be done to get the device Name and report it back?

What I would like to do is have Pushover say 'Device Name' reports 'Glass Break'. The device name would be fed into the notification by whatever the appropriate variable would be, and the 'Glass Break' would be the $$DVR:xxxx: replacement. Is this possible?

Comment

Working...
        X