Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Wiring help with WDTC-20 - Z-Wave Thermostat (Wayne-Dalton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I requested Help from Homeseer yesterday when I wrote the above. Hopefully they respond soon.

Comment

Its been 3 days since I filled out the form on the website asking for Help. I have not heard anything back.

I see now that there is a 2nd way to request help. I have now gone through the other process, created a Help desk ID and submitted a ticket with all the same details.

I only saw the first way the first time. I thought that was help desk request for help. I was wondering why I never got any sort of auto reply saying they got the request.

Hopefully they will be able to fix this or replace it if that is what it turns out to be.

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you now running? I would highly recommend the latest HomeSeer beta as it has removed the Z-Wave script and the plugin and HomeSeer now directly controls the stat.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HomeSeer has responded. Funny, they suggested I try the same thing and for the same reason. I'll be trying that after work. Sounds like a good first step.

Comment

The Thermostat is now working properly.

The 113 beta fixed it. I'll be sending a note back to Homeseer about my ticket shortly.

There is a wiki page explaining the limitations of control. But with Events that's not an issue. I've confirmed that I can finally control it either locally or via HS and on the next poll the tstat and HS will talk and update each other (either updating status or changing settings as directed).

I did notice one thing. The tstat reports every .5 degrees of the current temp back to HS. Yet you must uses a whole number as your set point or it does not work. for example I can set it to 21 degrees but not 21.5. I don't find this to be a problem. Its just something to be aware of or a person might wonder why their events are not working.

oh.... and that fan error in the log is gone too.
            ... and the range for C is fixed so I can actually create events now.

and if you have been following along. I never did touch the jumpers again. I do NOT have a jumper on JP5 at all. Yet my Fan works fine. It kicks in when I turn on the heat and turns off when the furnace shuts down. Yet I can still slide the bar and turn it on manually from the tstat.

The Beta broke everything else of course..... But on the previous beta 112 notes I see that was expected. So far I have 5 hawkings door sensors and a motion detector that are specifically mentioned in the notes as needing to be adjusted. I've done so and the events affected and all is working again. All the light switches and plug in modules continued to work fine.

So in Summery. All is good. Thank you everyone who posted.

Comment

Working...
            X