Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Initializint Voice Recognition, Maybe Not Installed .. 800703e7 Error-Pro100 S1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Initializint Voice Recognition, Maybe Not Installed .. 800703e7 Error-Pro100 S1

I just lost my ability to run speaker.exe on my Pro100 series I.

I get an error message box "Error initializing voice recognition, maybe not installed ... CLSID ....... 800703e7

I am running 2.4.0.11 and have upgraded my memory(s).

I am not sure where to post or what I need to do. I use Way2Call USB and it is now not working. I can hear sounds from the computer Control Panel.

Any help (including where I need to look or post) is very much appreciated.
    Chris.
    Last edited by hans850; March 2, 2010, 07:24 PM.

Re-Install

I am thinking that I should re-install everything on my Pro100 Series I from the fob. Everything else is working but not my speaker.exe.

Is it a good idea to re-install everything - kind of like my other windows computers?

Thank you,
    Chris.

Comment

Have you tried doing a repair on your HomeSeer installation?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No, I have not. I have looked at my PRO-100 Flash Drive System Documentation and it does not mention a Repair. I did do an Update. I searched and do not know how to perform a repair so I have to ask - how do I do a repair?

Thank you,
        Chris.
        Last edited by hans850; March 4, 2010, 04:38 PM. Reason: Add more text

Comment

Use the contol panel and select the add/remove programs control panel applet. Choose to remove HomeSeer and one of the options is repair your installation. I'm not sure this works on a Pro-100 though.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I found the Repair for Homeseer 2.2 in Control Panel and ran it many times with the Flash Drive disabled etc. I also tried to repair HSPhone and removed iTunes (which never installed fully) and Windows Media Player (worked but was installed recently before the speaker.exe quit working). All with no success.

I still get the following error messages (I will spell them out here now):

In the log file
            3/6/2010 1:02:01 PM - HSPhone - Error initializing Text-to-Speech: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {96749377-3391-11D2-9EE3-00C04F797396} failed due to the following error: 800703e7.

Then a Windows Error Box appears with:
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Speaker |X|
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Error initializing voice recognition, maybe not installed?: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
            {947812B3-2AE1-4644-BA86-9E90DED7EC91} failed due to the following error: 800703e7
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really miss my not being able to use Homeseer Answering Machine.

Thank you,
            Chris.

Comment

OK, got it working - Finally

Started a backup before I was going to re-install from the Dongle on my Pro100 Series I (upgraded Memory to support latest version).

Attached USB External Drive with copy of xcopy.exe on it and went to copy the c: and d: drives from the PRO100 to the External Drive.
              Booted up from Dongle and CRTL-C when script Starts, Y to exit Batch Program then ran dos commands to copy from d: (Pro100 C and e: (Pro100 d drives to my usb (F drive.

Files on Pro100 c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.cpl and sapi.dll

both would NOT copy to the external Drive. They gave error messages and halted the xcopy. I Deleted them and copied them from the dongle then completed the xcopy just in case. This time it copied everything complete.

Brought system back up and it works Great!!!!!. I can use my HiPhone again.

Thank you for your help,
              Chris
              Last edited by hans850; March 18, 2010, 07:15 PM. Reason: Incorrect Reference to Repair Homeseer Files when it was OS Files

Comment

Working...
              X