Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the next release I'd like to see voltage as well.

I'm glad I can finally ditch that engine software. Simplifies my setup. Serial to TCPIP adapter works great too. I was able to remove engine sw and a com port redirector.

Comment

Enhancement Request

When using a single CT to measure a balanced 240v load (measuring one phase only), one needs to double the power measured since the GEM assumes 120v times the current measured by each CT. SEG handles this by allowing a calibration factor which you can set to 2 for channels like this.

The enhancement request -- For each channel, can you add either a checkbox to indicate that the GEM readings should be doubled or a "calibration factor" that would default to 1.

I am surprised that no body ever ran into this situation with your original ECM plugin.

Thanks again for your hard work, Ultra.

Comment

For 240V only loads with a single CT you can have the GEM double them before it gets to the plug in. There is a 240V flag on the channel configured via the web interface.

I'm not sure if the 1240 has the same option. If it does there is no need for the plugin to double the amount.

Comment

NET energy value not going negative

I finally put CT's in my main panel yesterday so I can measure my solar and NET on the main feed.

I can see the polar values coming out the GEM but the plugin does not seem to convert this to the negative value that SEG expects to see. So SEG thinks I'm using rather than generating!

I have set the channel to "NET" in the GEM and in homeseer. What else do I need to do in order to correctly pass the right negative value to SmartEnergyGroups?
          Last edited by kevini; June 9, 2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevini View Post
            For 240V only loads with a single CT you can have the GEM double them before it gets to the plug in. There is a 240V flag on the channel configured via the web interface.

I'm not sure if the 1240 has the same option. If it does there is no need for the plugin to double the amount.
            Thanks! I missed that.

Comment

I finally put CT's in my main panel yesterday so I can measure my solar and NET on the main feed.

I can see the polar values coming out the GEM but the plugin does not seem to convert this to the negative value that SEG expects to see. So SEG thinks I'm using rather than generating!

I have set the channel to "NET" in the GEM and in homeseer. What else do I need to do in order to correctly pass the right negative value to SmartEnergyGroups?
              You should be able to use -1 as a calibration factor on SEG for your NET streams for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by untapi View Post
                You should be able to use -1 as a calibration factor on SEG for your NET streams for the time being.
                Thanks, that will work for the Solar breaker but not for the main since it goes positive and negative.

The main is the most interesting since it corresponds with what PG&E is actually billing me

I have a workaround using the ECM-1240 mode and the Tenware plugin. Hopefully Ultra can fix it soon so I don't have to use it

Comment

Thanks, that will work for the Solar breaker but not for the main since it goes positive and negative.

The main is the most interesting since it corresponds with what PG&E is actually billing me

I have a workaround using the ECM-1240 mode and the Tenware plugin. Hopefully Ultra can fix it soon so I don't have to use it
                  I wish my mains went negative :-)

Comment

Device Serial field change won't stick

When I first configured the plugin, I used my GEM serial number in the "Device Serial" field on the Devices tab. Then, I realized that this field is used by UltraECM2 as the SEG node name for the device. Since I wanted to maintain my existing SEG data, I changed the "Device Serial" field to match my SEG node name. However, this change does not survive a Homeseer restart -- it reverts back to the original serial number I gave when I first installed the plugin and SEG updates cease.

If the "Device Serial" field can't be changed for some reason (maybe it is used as a primary key in the DB) then perhaps a "Node Name" field could be added to the Post Data section under the Options tab.

Comment

Originally posted by untapi View Post
                      When using a single CT to measure a balanced 240v load (measuring one phase only), one needs to double the power measured since the GEM assumes 120v times the current measured by each CT. SEG handles this by allowing a calibration factor which you can set to 2 for channels like this.

The enhancement request -- For each channel, can you add either a checkbox to indicate that the GEM readings should be doubled or a "calibration factor" that would default to 1.

I am surprised that no body ever ran into this situation with your original ECM plugin.

I don't understand your enhancement request. Can you further details or contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com?
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                        Ultra,

I know you mentioned in the first thread the Pulse Counters are not finished.
                        Are pulse counters being forwarded to SEG?

Could you include the Voltage in both HS and SEG in your next additions.

Thanks

Gene
                        Is this the voltage as reported by the GEM?
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                          Ultra,

I know you mentioned in the first thread the Pulse Counters are not finished.
                          Are pulse counters being forwarded to SEG?

Yes, but I cannot get them to show up. They are being sent as "n_x" where x is the counter number. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                            Is this the voltage as reported by the GEM?
                            Yes, it would be the voltage reported by the GEM.

Comment

Ultra

I have Pulse #3 turned on in the GEM to measure the water flow that is added to my pool. I built a stream in SEG that was (number,number). I then assigned n_3 to it. I am receiving (n_3 2100) all the time. When the count in HS is 525. It doesn't look like it is sending the correct amount. the counter only moves when the water meter is clicking. It stays with the value it was when it stops counting until it starts again.

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                                I don't understand your enhancement request. Can you further details or contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com?
                                Ultra -- you can ignore this request. Kevini pointed out that one can use the GEM web interface to tell it to double the measured current for channels where you are using a single CT to measure one leg only of a balanced 240v load. I have done this and all is well. Thanks!

FYI -- this is only an issue when you are using a CT on one leg of a 240v load instead of a CT on each leg. You can do this to save a CT if the 240v load has no neutral because you know that the two legs are carrying equal current. However, you need to double the measurement from that single CT and as Kevini pointed out, the GEM gives an option to do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X