Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the problem I think. It didn't throw the error on startup. I'll work with it more tomorrow

Thanks for your help

Ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

version 3.0.0.4

version 3.0.0.4 of the Kinect plugin is available on first post of this thread. If you are upgrading from a previous version, make sure to disable the plugin and to delete the Kinect.Toolbox.dll from your HS folder before installing the new version.

this version adds the support for multiple kinects. To use more than one kinect start a new instance of the plugin fron the PLUG-INS > Manage page, then go to the Config page and select the correct sensor id in the "General Settings"

Comment

Any chance of having this plugin talk to your XBMC plugin so that gestures would assist in moving through the movie library, selecting a movie and a gestured to play the movie? Of course moving through the menus etc would be great as well. Maybe it's already possible to do this, but just mentioning in case .... thanks

Comment

Spud -

Im expanding my tests now with multiple kinects - I have one a 2012 Storage Server trying to run it remotely and it detects without any issues, but its awful on voice recognition - It seems to only find one event no matter what I say to it.....

Any ideas by chance?
          Last edited by ; November 28, 2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
            Spud -

Im expanding my tests now with multiple kinects - I have one a 2012 Storage Server trying to run it remotely and it detects without any issues, but its awful on voice recognition - It seems to only find one event no matter what I say to it.....

Any ideas by chance?
            Is it better if you only run one kinect?
            Is it better if you plug this kinect on your HS machine directly?
            Try to set a very low confidence threshold (do not forget to restart the plugin after changing it), and set the log level to debug, so that you can see in the logs if your other event phrases are recognized at all, there may be a problem when loading the grammar.

Comment

Saw that they had kinect sensor with ac adapter (refurbs) for 19.99 today at GameStop.
              Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                Saw that they had kinect sensor with ac adapter (refurbs) for 19.99 today at GameStop.
                Stuart
                Nice! A Kinect for $20 is a very very good deal

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  Is it better if you only run one kinect?
                  Is it better if you plug this kinect on your HS machine directly?
                  Try to set a very low confidence threshold (do not forget to restart the plugin after changing it), and set the log level to debug, so that you can see in the logs if your other event phrases are recognized at all, there may be a problem when loading the grammar.
                  My HS is a VM, so of course I can get the Kinect added but it doesn't work (using USB passthrough direct to the VM....) - Maybe Ill try to get a Kinect for Windows to use it direct with a VM.

I Did try a Kinect remote on a Windows 8 system and that was all good - worked well, but that was one you first brought this out. I'm using that PC in my Christmas Lightshow, so I wanted to try it on my 2012 NAS (Storage Server). I had the threshold on .4 and I tried .6 - Did logging and no doubt, it only executed the first Kinect script in the Events. I'll toy around some more...

Comment

I'm running this plugin remotely off of a Win8 x64 box, and it is super cool!
                    I have run in to a couple of bugs though.

1. Crashing after reloading grammar. It crashed out back to the command line. Here's the debug

DEBUG jarvis turn on the fan lights
                    DEBUG phrase recognized with confidence=0.8071659
                    DEBUG jarvis turn on fan
                    DEBUG phrase recognized with confidence=0.9733555
                    DEBUG jarvis turn fan off
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar
                    DEBUG Reloading Grammar (this last one was about 15 min later)

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: At least one grammar must
                    be loaded before doing a recognition.
                    at Microsoft.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.Recogni ze(TimeSpan in
                    itialSilenceTimeout)
                    at HSPI_KINECT.VoiceRecognition.Record()
                    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionCo
                    ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
                    ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
                    ontextCallback callback, Object state)
                    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

2. Won't work when plugin is started from an RDP session. Not sure if this is because of Remote Audio or something related to the audio stack when using RDP, but my kinect device would not show up in the drop down list.

So far this plugin is super cool! Since I picked up an Xbox One, my old kinect is sitting around and I thought I'd give this a shot. Looking forward to more development!

Comment

I'm trying to get a remote Kinect plugin set up. It initialized ok up to a point, so I think I have all the correct files/dependencies on the remote box. It's not recognizing the Kinect device, though it shows working in device manager and works as a microphone. Feels like I'm missing something simple, but I've read and reread this thread. Any help would be appreciated. Here's the evidence:

Command line:

C:\Users\Ern\Desktop\Kinect>hspi_kinect server=192.168.0.2
                      Plugin: Kinect Instance: starting...
                      Connecting to server at 192.168.0.2...
                      Connection attempt #1
                      Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                      DEBUG Logger Initialized
                      DEBUG Voice Recognition Initialized
                      DEBUG Web Pages Registered
                      DEBUG Zones initialized
                      WARNING Can't find Kinect: USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\B00366209976045B
                      DEBUG End Init

Server HomeSeer Log:

Dec-01 5:25:16 PM

Kinect
                      DEBUG End Init

Kinect

Kinect
                      DEBUG Zones initialized

Dec-01 5:25:13 PM

Kinect

Warning
                      Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of kinectforum. Plugin: Kinect Instance:

Warning
                      Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of kinectconfig. Plugin: Kinect Instance:

Kinect

Kinect
                      DEBUG Logger Initialized

Dec-01 5:25:12 PM

Info
                      Plug-in Kinect has connected successfully

Info
                      Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.0.106:6596

Info
                      Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.0.106:6595

Comment

Originally posted by desolatax View Post

1. Crashing after reloading grammar. It crashed out back to the command line. Here's the debug
                        I can reproduce this problem I'm working on a ifx.
                        It should only happen when you create or modify an event with a Kinect trigger, since that's what triggers grammar reloading.

2. Won't work when plugin is started from an RDP session. Not sure if this is because of Remote Audio or something related to the audio stack when using RDP, but my kinect device would not show up in the drop down list.
                        Not sure what to say, that's weird. I have never tried starting from a RDP session, I will give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Ern View Post
                          I'm trying to get a remote Kinect plugin set up. It initialized ok up to a point, so I think I have all the correct files/dependencies on the remote box. It's not recognizing the Kinect device, though it shows working in device manager and works as a microphone. Feels like I'm missing something simple, but I've read and reread this thread. Any help would be appreciated. Here's the evidence:

Command line:

C:\Users\Ern\Desktop\Kinect>hspi_kinect server=192.168.0.2
                          Plugin: Kinect Instance: starting...
                          Connecting to server at 192.168.0.2...
                          Connection attempt #1
                          Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                          DEBUG Logger Initialized
                          DEBUG Zones initialized
                          DEBUG End Init

Server HomeSeer Log:

Kinect
                          DEBUG End Init

Kinect

Kinect
                          DEBUG Zones initialized

Kinect

Warning
                          Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of kinectforum. Plugin: Kinect Instance:

Warning
                          Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of kinectconfig. Plugin: Kinect Instance:

Kinect

Kinect
                          DEBUG Logger Initialized

Info
                          Plug-in Kinect has connected successfully

Info
                          Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.0.106:6596

Info
                          Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.0.106:6595
                          Looks like you have two instances of the plugin running at the same time. Do you try to make it work using 2 kinects?

If you have only one kinect that you try to run remotely, disable the plugin on your HS machine, you don't need the plugin to run there if there is no kinect plugged to this machine.

If you're trying to make it work with 2 kinects (1 on your HS machine and 1 remotely), you need to start the remote one with a different instance name, to do so the command line should be
                          Code:
                          HSPI_KINECT.exe server=192.168.0.2 instance=instancename

where instancename can be anything you want but alpha numeric characters only.

let me know how it goes
                          Last edited by spud; December 1, 2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the command line! Knew it was something simple.

I must say this plugin will be my favorite the way it's going! Kudos! I was thinking of building something around the device a while ago, but never got around to it. Coding for the day job usually wins.

Got two Kinects connected now. Did both as remote since I was having trouble with enabling the main instance and a remote at the same time. Not sure why. Even deleted and recreated them.

Couple of things though ...
                            I see two 'Kinect Trigger' items to use for events. Are they supposed to be tied to the individual devices?

When I save an event, it seems to work only for the first Kinect no matter which trigger I choose. Maybe I'm doing something wrong; I'll keep playing. Also, the dropdown always opens with with its SelectedIndex set to the last 'Kinect Trigger' item (though this is behavior in HomeSeer core). Maybe issue with both is the dups in the list? In any case, unique names for the triggers would be helpful.

I do get one error when trying to manage settings of the remote plugins. The kinectconfig page only shows "Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
                            Last edited by Ern; December 1, 2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I see two 'Kinect Trigger' items to use for events. Are they supposed to be tied to the individual devices?
                              Please try version 3.0.0.5 attached to first post of this thread.
                              If you use several instances of the plugin you will see several Kinect Trigger items with different names: "Kinect Trigger - instance_name". And yes each trigger is tied to one instance.
                              Note: you will probably have to recreate all your Kinect triggers for this to work.

I do get one error when trying to manage settings of the remote plugins. The kinectconfig page only shows "Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
                              I believe this is a HS3 bug, I have entered a bugzilla ticket.
                              A simple workaround is to use the link from the menu: PLUG-INS > Kinect > Config - instance_name.
                              This links works for me.

Comment

Please try version 3.0.0.5 attached to first post of this thread. I think this problem is fixed in this version.

Comment

Working...
                                X