Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a problem this am but not sure there is anything one can do about it. My wife was pissed at me because I had the thermostat on night mode as scheduled through homeseer and it is supposed to switch to home mode at 5:30 am. It appears the servers at ecobee must have been down because there are a bunch of errors in the homeseer log about not being able to connect to server. Any advice to avoid having to sleep on the couch?

Comment

I also have an error from 9AM PST today:

Code:
      Nov-16 9:14:59 AM	 	Ecobee	ERROR Ecobee.Net.ProcessingError: Unknown issue or condition caused a failure. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.ThermostatSummary.d__c.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()

Comment

Quite a few of this error starting at 4:47AM. It repeats about 5 or 6 times.

Code:
        ERROR System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 216.220.61.235:443 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Http.d__8.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Access.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()

Comment

yep their servers were down this morning:
          https://twitter.com/ecobee/status/666254034496417792

Comment

It is one of the major inconveniences of having to rely on the cloud instead of direct communication. They really should allow direct communication somehow when their servers are down (that is, without going and physically adjusting it).

Comment

They did it to me again this am! Don't they know the value of matrimony! I can hear my wife ruffling divorce papers. Fortunately, I had an event to alert me to the lack of change in the am. By the way, that is a good idea for the plugin. An event that alerts you to the fact if the plugin hasn't talked to the ecobee servers in such and such a time...

Comment

Loving the plugin, thanks!

I'm trying to figure out a clever way to do something with it though, and not having much luck. I've got three Ecobees, and I'd like to create an event (let's call it "warmer") that increases the high and low target temperature on each of the three thermostats by one degree. (and one called "cooler" that does the opposite).

I could of course build events for "if it's 72 degrees" "set it to 73 degrees", etc., but that'd be a lot of little events to add to my already bloated event list.

Can anyone think of an elegant way to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Lawson View Post

I'm trying to figure out a clever way to do something with it though, and not having much luck. I've got three Ecobees, and I'd like to create an event (let's call it "warmer") that increases the high and low target temperature on each of the three thermostats by one degree. (and one called "cooler" that does the opposite).

I could of course build events for "if it's 72 degrees" "set it to 73 degrees", etc., but that'd be a lot of little events to add to my already bloated event list.

Sounds like a script would be the best way but someone more clever than me could tell you how. Something like if event warmer runs then +1 on the value of each of the devices. Probably pretty simple to do...

Comment

Just installed the PI yesterday, new house/setup. Seems to be working ok, but I have to agree, there should be a standard way for HS plugins to handle things when cloud services can not be contacted. Maybe just a trigger that allows the user to determine the best action (including IFTTT actions). I know I'll have the same issue with the MyQ and Blossom plugins...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Lawson View Post

why not use the '+' or '-' controls associated to the target temperature devices.
                      That being said, it won't work perfectly right now if you update both target temperatures at the same time as there is a bug that makes the plugin takes an old temp reference before incrementing or decrementing it, but I will fix that soon. As a workaround inserting a 4 minutes delay between the 2 update should work because a poll will occur.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pluscontrol.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1182015

Comment

Perfect! That looks like just the trick I was looking for. Thanks!

Comment

Trial expiration

Since my trial is expiring in 8 days, is there a way to buy the plugin yet or possibly extend the trial? I don't want to lose functionality from HS, and would love to buy the plugin if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Since my trial is expiring in 8 days, is there a way to buy the plugin yet or possibly extend the trial? I don't want to lose functionality from HS, and would love to buy the plugin if possible.
                            you can buy it from http://store.homeseer.com/store/Prod...HS3-P2085.aspx

Comment

I think bphilips asked this on page 1, but it wasn't entirely clear to me.

Does HS3 see the individual outputs for each ecobee sensor? Meaning, can I set up HS3 to use individual sensors for motion lighting or to trigger other events, such as if kitchen temperature goes above 80F, turn on the kitchen exhaust fan?

This would be great because I'm setting up for a new construction and if I could just use ecobee sensors for everything, that would save me on addition sensors (understanding the access to sensors goes away if Internet goes down).

Comment

Originally posted by VickVinegar View Post
                                I think bphilips asked this on page 1, but it wasn't entirely clear to me.

Does HS3 see the individual outputs for each ecobee sensor? Meaning, can I set up HS3 to use individual sensors for motion lighting or to trigger other events, such as if kitchen temperature goes above 80F, turn on the kitchen exhaust fan?

This would be great because I'm setting up for a new construction and if I could just use ecobee sensors for everything, that would save me on addition sensors (understanding the access to sensors goes away if Internet goes down).
                                It's not implemented yet in the plugin but yes the API allows to get data from remote sensors.
                                I don't own any remote sensor, so I would need one of you guys to let me access your ecobee data so that I can implement and test this feature. Please contact me at spud.webb.4@gmail.com if you want to help.

That being said, remember that the data is only polled once every 4 minutes, so it won't be very useful for things that need instant trigger like motion lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X