New Linux Installation Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Linux Installation Issue

I'm trying to install Ecobee plug-in in my fresh reinstall of Homeseer. I keep getting this error when installing.

Mar-19 15:43:29 Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_Ecobee.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Could not load type 'HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp' from assembly 'HSPI_Ecobee, Version=3.0.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Install/Update of package Ecobee was successful.
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \opt\HomeSeer\Config\\Ecobee.ini
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Extraction Complete.
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Extracting files from zip file: images.zip
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Copying file: \opt\HomeSeer\bin\Ecobee\System.Time.dll
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Copying file: \opt\HomeSeer\bin\Ecobee\Ecobee.Net.dll
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Copying file: \opt\HomeSeer\bin\Ecobee\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Copying file: \opt\HomeSeer\HSPI_Ecobee.exe.config
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Copying file: \opt\HomeSeer\HSPI_Ecobee.exe
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Installing package Ecobee
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Update HSPI_Ecobee.exe downloaded successfully
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Downloading update: Ecobee
    Mar-19 15:43:29 Updater Starting download of updates

I'm running HS3 3.0.313 on Linux Ubuntu 14.04.

Current Date/Time: 3/19/2017 3:53:00 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313
    Linux version: Linux homeseer 4.2.0-42-generic #49~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 29 20:22:11 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 12 Minutes 23 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 82
    Number of Events: 21
    Available Threads: 394

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

It used to work on my system but it stopped a few months ago. I think it was a token issue. After upgrading the plug-in my Homeseer installation stopped working. Every time I would start it I would get a stack trace. I decided to reinstall Homesser. Now everything is working except Ecobee.

Any help would be appreciated.

try to install possible missing packages:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install mono-complete
    also you may need to move 2 dlls from your homeseer dir to the bin folder

Code:
    sudo mv /usr/local/homeseer/Mono.CSharp.dll /usr/local/homeseer/bin/Mono.CSharp.dll

sudo mv /usr/local/homeseer/CSScriptLibray.dll /usr/local/homeseer/bin/CSScriptLibrary.dll

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      try to install possible missing packages:

Code:
      sudo mv /usr/local/homeseer/Mono.CSharp.dll /usr/local/homeseer/bin/Mono.CSharp.dll

sudo mv /usr/local/homeseer/CSScriptLibray.dll /usr/local/homeseer/bin/CSScriptLibrary.dll
      yeah I forgot to copy those two files in bin. I checked my old install and the files were in bin. I wish copying these files over were part of the installation instructions or at least telling people to make a symlink.

Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by jamjkv View Post
        yeah I forgot to copy those two files in bin. I checked my old install and the files were in bin. I wish copying these files over were part of the installation instructions or at least telling people to make a symlink.

Thank you for the quick response.
        I added those instructions to the user guide (even if it's not needed with recent HS3 versions, as those dlls have been moved to the bin folder)

Note that a symlink is not enough you need to remove them from the HomeSeer root folder and put them in the bin folder.

Comment

thanks

Comment

So I never got this working on my OS X install. I tried today to upgrade the plugin version hoping that would fix the issue.

Which version of the plugin and HS3 don't require the dll file to be moved? Do the instructions for moving it work on OS X too?

Now all i'm getting is No License or trial expired
            Register Online
            WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Ecobee - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed..

Did I miss my trial window because it wasn't working?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRPH View Post
              Now all i'm getting is No License or trial expired
              Register Online
              WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Ecobee - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed..

Did I miss my trial window because it wasn't working?
              if it says "No License or Trial expired" then yeah you have a license problem. but you can ask HST to give you a new trial.

Which version of the plugin and HS3 don't require the dll file to be moved? Do the instructions for moving it work on OS X too?
              The problem is not with the plug-in but with HS3, in old HS3 versions the dll needs to be moved. Go to your homeseer installation directory and check if those 2 files (Mono.CSharp.dll and CSScriptLibray.dll) are in the directory, if they are, move them to the bin subdirectory.

That being said, if you are on OS X, I guess your logs don't work so troubleshooting such problems can be very difficult. Why OS X? Homeseer hardly supports this OS.

Comment

Ah, licensing is controlled by HST, will do.

Yeah both those two files are in my /homeseer/bin directory and /homeseer

Why OS X? That's what all my machines are.

I've decided to cave and pickup a windows box, but waiting for a good sale on a kaby lake NUC so I can also have it run as a plex/blueiris box at the same time.

What's most annoying is that there's a post somewhere about the log issue on OS X, and someone from HS responded to roll a fix in...and never wrote back, a few months later.

Comment

Yeah both those two files are in my /homeseer/bin directory and /homeseer
                  you need to remove them from /homeseer and only keep them in /homeseer/bin otherwise it won't work

Comment

Working...
                  X