Virus in 3.0.0.103?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virus in 3.0.0.103?

The Lutron plugin disapeared from my installation. When I went to download it again, I get the following errors in the log:

Code:
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater	Install/Update of package LutronCaseta failed.
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater Error	Installation of package LutronCaseta failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater Error	Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_LutronCaseta.exe, detailed error: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_LutronCaseta.exe
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_LutronCaseta.exe.config
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\LutronCaseta\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\LutronCaseta\Renci.SshNet.dll
    Jan-03 10:37:59 PM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\LutronCaseta\key2.key
    Jan-03 10:37:58 PM	 	Updater	Installing package LutronCaseta
    Jan-03 10:37:58 PM	 	Updater	Update HSPI_LutronCaseta.exe downloaded successfully
    Jan-03 10:37:58 PM	 	Updater	Downloading update: LutronCaseta
    Jan-03 10:37:58 PM	 	Updater	Starting download of updates
    Windows Defender complained that there was a Trojan, specifically:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi...n32/Peals.F!cl

Is there something wrong with the installer? Is there a way to get an older one?

I did scan the zip file and it tell me that it is clean, I don't understand, is any one else have this issue? Please post here if you did install the 103

Comment

Same problem here:

Jan-04 9:08:51 AM Updater Error Installation of package LutronCaseta failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
      Jan-04 9:08:51 AM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_LutronCaseta.exe, detailed error: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

Comment

DonMor, your computer is infected with this Trojan:
        Win32/Peals.F!ck

Please clean it up before pushing updates!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaZ View Post
          DonMor, your computer is infected with this Trojan:
          Win32/Peals.F!ck

Please clean it up before pushing updates!
          In the meantime, can we roll back to a clean version?

Comment

Please...

And would you be so kind not to automatically update this plugin? Is it possible to do it, so that we don't end up with non-working lights when we wake up?

Thanks!

Comment

First you have to upload the new version your self, homeseer don't have an automatic upload for the plugin.

when I do an update I always make a copy of the exe file and the bin and config folder, this is a good practice.

I did the roll back to the 102 version in the updater, tell me if this one work

Comment

Don,

I submitted the .103 plugin directly to Microsoft and they came back saying there was no malware.

I suggest you do it too here:
                https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

I reinstalled windows on my home computer and that resolved the issue for me.

Comment

I did bring back the ver. 103, I did the scan of the zip file with microsoft and 2 others anti-virus, all get back with no virus.

Thanks AgentGladstone
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X