www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Energy Management Plug-ins > Energy Management Discussion > APCUPSD Plugin (3P)

APCUPSD Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the APCUPSD UPS monitoring plugin.

Old March 18th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Seer Deluxe

APCUPSD no longer updated

Hey all,

I've only just noticed a while back that my APCUPSD PI (rev 3.2.0.5) is not getting data from the UPS (APC XS1300) ...and it would appear it hasn't since last September.

The problem might not be the PI: Windows (7-32) device manager sees the UPS and appears to have the correct driver, but neither the PowerChute (Personal 3.02) software nor the PI seem to see the UPS anymore.

After several attempts at fixes I uninstalled everything including the "device". When I plug the UPS back in, Windows recognizes the UPS and reinstalls the correct driver, but when I try to reinstall PowerChute it can't because it can't see the UPS; neither does the PI. If I click on "Enable" on the device page the icon goes green for a 1/2 second and then goes back to "disconnected".

I'm using 127.0.0.1 and port 3551. And here's the error from the log:
An unexpected error occured in the connect function/subroutine: [System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name) at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6) at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress) at HSPI_APCUPSD.hs_socket_io.Connect(String RemoteHostName, Int32 RemotePort, Boolean usesSizePrefixedMsg, Boolean useASyncIO)]

The warning is: Communication error with UPS1 upon connect: Connection refused.

Anyone else having, or had, this issue?
Does PowerChute, or any particular service have to be installed for the PI to work?
Any ideas? I suspect it might be windows issue subsequent to an update.

Thanks!

urrent Date/Time: 3/18/2017 4:40:54 PM
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 39 Minutes 0 Seconds
IP Address: 192.168.2.111
Number of Devices: 408
Number of Events: 138
Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
2.0.57.0: BLDSC
2.0.11.0: BLiTunes
2.0.3.0: BLMarantz
1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
3.0.21.28949: Blue-Iris
1.1.2.0: Device History
3.0.1.10: HCS2
3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
3.0.6.0: Insteon
3.0.1.84: PHLocation
3.0.0.63: weatherXML
3.0.1.93: Z-Wave

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368/ Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100
Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / HSTouch / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation / WeatherXML / Z-Wave
Old March 18th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Seer Master

Its been awhile, but my recollection is that the drivers for Powerchute and apcupsd are incompatible. That is, if you want to run Powerchute you set the driver for the UPS to one thing, and if you want to run apcupsd you set it to another. Device manager screenshot below shows driver on my system.
I presume you have apcupsd installed? The plugin relies on that. Follow the instructions to get that working first. (I like the apcupsd UI better than Powerchute's, so I uninstalled Powerchute after I got apcupsd working).
Attached Images

Old March 18th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thumbs up PI up and running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwolfpack View Post
I presume you have apcupsd installed? The plugin relies on that.
BINGO! I can't thank you enough for suggesting the AP UI instead of PowerChute. It installed without a hitch and I got the PI up and running within a minute.

I'll hoist one up to your health! ...many, many thanks.
Old March 19th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Seer Master

Thumbs up

Excellent!