www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > General Home Automation > General Home Automation Hardware Discussion

Old March 20th, 2017, 06:28 PM
OverSeer

Kwikset Lock Replacement

Hi all,

Had a Kwikset 910 crap out on me today. Was a very quick call with Kwikset and a replacement is on its way. I just needed to upload a couple of pictures to their website for verification of the lock. The lock still responds to z-wave but the motor no longer operates. Ideally I would swap the z-wave daughterboard between the existing lock and the replacement lock so that I don't need to redo any events/scripts. Has anyone tried that before and are there any issues with that?

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

Spark an,

How long did you have the lock and what was its average open/close cycle per day?

I have 1 that cycles perhaps 20 times a day, 1 that cycles a couple of times a day and 1 that cycles about once a month.

Michael
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Seer Master

I've done this twice with a Yale lock, without any issues. In that lock, z-wave card just plugs into a slot. From controller's standpoint, it is the card that is the identity of the lock. So as soon as I plugged the old card into a new lock, I was done.
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:34 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualPanther View Post
I've done this twice with a Yale lock, without any issues. In that lock, z-wave card just plugs into a slot. From controller's standpoint, it is the card that is the identity of the lock. So as soon as I plugged the old card into a new lock, I was done.
Great, thanks. That's what I was hoping for.

Cheers
Al
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:38 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvtravlr View Post
Spark an,

How long did you have the lock and what was its average open/close cycle per day?

I have 1 that cycles perhaps 20 times a day, 1 that cycles a couple of times a day and 1 that cycles about once a month.

Michael
Hi Michael,

I believe I bought it in 2010. Couldn't find the details, which worried me when I called in for the warranty, but they did not even ask me when/where it was bought. It is our most used lock, cycles about a dozen times per day. One other is 4-5 times per day and one very rarely (it is mostly operated manually with the lever and not with the motor).

Cheers
Al