www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old March 20th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfern View Post
Thanks for an awesome plugin! Interestingly, I used to have an event to monitor the smoke alarm heartbeat but it stopped "seeing" the heartbeat and there was nothing in the log. I could see it on device view, though.

Since I installed the plugin, the heartbeat notification now shows up again in the log. Go figure.

I can probably explain that, if the device is a Zsmoke anyway. The device sends the Heartbeat value but doesn't reset it so It is set but not changed. HS3 only logs device changes so the heartbeats don't show in the log unless a smoke or other event happens in between. It still should trigger an event if you use the correct trigger.
HS also doesn't send callbacks to plugins if the value doesn't change so to be able to monitor the heartbeats the plugin sets the device value to Heartbeat Acknowledged after each Heartbeat so the next heartbeat will be a change in value and it will receive a callback. A side effect of that is that HS will also log the Heartbeat.

Steve
Old March 20th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks for the explanation, I think. I say that because one day I was seeing heartbeats and my event worked correctly. The next day, no more heartbeats in the log and the event stopped firing.

I would still see the time of the last heartbeat update in the Device Management view, every 67 minutes but that's the only place it was obvious that heartbeats were still ongoing.
Old March 21st, 2017, 05:40 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSJ View Post
I've updated the version attached to message #192. Now 3.0.4.3.

What are the VisionSec motion detectors doing?

Steve
Hard to say... I've disabled discharge warning yesterday and after re-enabling and upgrading to the latest version the sensors show all green. Looks I have to wait til one of my sensors changes battery value. I'll definitely keep you updated.

Cheers,
Alex
Old March 21st, 2017, 10:40 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurz View Post
Hard to say... I've disabled discharge warning yesterday and after re-enabling and upgrading to the latest version the sensors show all green. Looks I have to wait til one of my sensors changes battery value. I'll definitely keep you updated.

Ok, feedback is welcomed.

Steve
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
Seer Master

Further information on reported battery discharge rates.
I have an Everspring Siren whose battery has been at 80% for a number of months now. The battery life on the Everspring devices is generally really good. Anyway, it is now occasionally reporting 70% and then back to 80%. The discharge rate therefore keeps jumping up and then going back to zero. The battery level will probably settle at 70% after a few days and then stay like that for another few months.

I think I might default to turning off alerts on high discharge rate.

Perhaps the average discharge rate since batteries were replaced would be a better value to report. This would be less affected by fluctuations although an increase in discharge rate would be less obvious. It would also require saving the starting level (not necessarily 100%) which I don't currently do.

Steve
Old March 22nd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Further information on reported battery discharge rates.
I have an Everspring Siren whose battery has been at 80% for a number of months now. The battery life on the Everspring devices is generally really good. Anyway, it is now occasionally reporting 70% and then back to 80%. The discharge rate therefore keeps jumping up and then going back to zero. The battery level will probably settle at 70% after a few days and then stay like that for another few months.

I think I might default to turning off alerts on high discharge rate.

Perhaps the average discharge rate since batteries were replaced would be a better value to report. This would be less affected by fluctuations although an increase in discharge rate would be less obvious. It would also require saving the starting level (not necessarily 100%) which I don't currently do.

Steve
The lock I mentioned also jumped UP just after I posted about it - to 86% then settled back a while later to 84%
Old March 22nd, 2017, 12:32 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
The lock I mentioned also jumped UP just after I posted about it - to 86% then settled back a while later to 84%
Thanks, that explains the high reported discharge rate when it dropped back to 84%.

Steve
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thought I would chime in about this plugin. I have several new devices, "Sensitive Strips" for access notification. See attached image.

This plugin works very well.
Attached Images

Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:47 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralnet View Post
Thought I would chime in about this plugin. I have several new devices, "Sensitive Strips" for access notification. See attached image.

This plugin works very well.

I'm glad it's working for you.
Steve
Old April 1st, 2017, 03:02 PM
Seer Master

I've added optional logging of battery values to an SQLite database so the History of battery levels can be shown in the monitoring devices. 'History' button temporarily displays the battery history rather than current state. See attached. I need to setup a Linux test bed tomorrow before I post the update.

Installation is becoming more complicated (particularly with different System.Data.SQLite.dll files for Windows and Linux) so I'm configuring a proper installation method using the updater_override.txt method.

Steve
Attached Images

Old April 2nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I need to setup a Linux test bed tomorrow before I post the update.
I've run in to an issue with SQLite in the Linux version which will delay me for a while.

Steve
Old April 2nd, 2017, 04:45 PM
Seer

Obtaining data without monitoring the HS Log

Hello SteveMSJ,
Using your plugin for a couple months now and it works great! It's already helped me catch a couple devices that weren't communicating and helped find a few low batteries. Used the status icon from the root device on HS3Touch for an easy to see health status.

One small issue is the HS log is getting quite full with chatter re: Poll and Wakeup messages. Wondering if you will be working on obtaining the data SDJ-Health needs without needing to have this enabled?

Looks like you are delving into using SQLite and this could be a related update/project.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 05:37 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolter View Post
One small issue is the HS log is getting quite full with chatter re: Poll and Wakeup messages. Wondering if you will be working on obtaining the data SDJ-Health needs without needing to have this enabled?
With LogLevel set to 0 there shouldn't be any logging from SDJ-Health other than error messages. However, for the plug-in to be able to detect when non-listening Z-Wave devices wake up it is necessary to have the Z-Wave plug-in log wakeup messages. HS3 doesn't expose the received wake-up commands so I don't know any way to monitor this other than through the logged messages.

If you really wanted to turn off Z-Wave logging of wakeup messages then you would need to set SDJ-Health to monitor the devices using 'Activity Monitoring'. Take a backup and then turn off 'Monitor Log for Wakeups', delete all the monitoring devices that were using this method (not the root) and then select the devices from the list in 'Devices requiring activity monitoring'. This will create new monitoring devices that the plugin will periodically check for activity.
It will monitor the battery details fine but monitoring whether the device is alive is only effective if the devices send fairly regular data so that the plug-in detects they are active. It should work fine for a temperature sensor, for example, but not for something like a water leak detector which doesn't report anything for days on end. You could turn off 'Alerts on Missed Wakeups' for some devices and still monitor the battery levels though.
Personally I would live with the Z-Wave logs of wakeup messages.

Steve
Old April 2nd, 2017, 07:00 PM
Seer

In HS3 Tools> Setup> General> Log Color, I filtered the keyword "SDJ-Health" to a very light gray so it dosen't stand out in my log so much.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 07:49 PM
Seer

Ended up taking YvMo's advice and changed the color for everything matching "SDJ-Health" and also added "Wake-Up" and "wake up".

Checked to see how many entries this affected and it was over 20k, a little less than 1/3 or all logs.

It's a little easier to see view the other log entries but would be great to not have them
Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:13 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolter View Post
Ended up taking YvMo's advice and changed the color for everything matching "SDJ-Health" and also added "Wake-Up" and "wake up".

If you are getting any SDJ-Health messages with LogLevel set to 0 let me know and I will look into it. There shouldn't be any but I could easily have messed up

Steve
Old April 4th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

I tried this on my Zee S2 and it worked ok. However I just moved to a z-net and HS3 on windows pc and I only get the heartbeat of the CO/Smoke detector. I don't get a half dozen other battery powered devices.

I fooled around with various config settings yet nothing seems to trigger any other reports. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 5th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I tried this on my Zee S2 and it worked ok. However I just moved to a z-net and HS3 on windows pc and I only get the heartbeat of the CO/Smoke detector. I don't get a half dozen other battery powered devices.

I fooled around with various config settings yet nothing seems to trigger any other reports. Any help would be appreciated.
Are they non-listening Z-Wave devices? If so search your log for Z-Wave 'Wake-Up Notification Received' messages to indicate the devices are waking up.
Make sure that 'Log Poll and Wake-Up messages' is ticked in 'Network Options'.

Steve
Old April 5th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Seer Deluxe

They are non-listening.

I do not have an option to "log poll and wake-up messages" in setup.

I will check my log later on.

I got it to work by going to the SDJ config and clicking the devices that required Monitor Activity and Monitor Polling. All seems well, thanks for a great addition to HS3.

Last edited by racerfern; April 5th, 2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: add on
Old April 14th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
They are non-listening.

I do not have an option to "log poll and wake-up messages" in setup.

I will check my log later on.

I got it to work by going to the SDJ config and clicking the devices that required Monitor Activity and Monitor Polling. All seems well, thanks for a great addition to HS3.
The log poll and wake-up messages should be in ‘Plugins>Z-Wave>Z-Wave Network and Options’.

I'm glad you have it working with Monitor Activity although monitoring wake-up messages is a better way of doing it for non-listening devices for a couple of reasons. Firstly the plug-in detects devices automatically so if you add a new device you don't have to go to the Config and add it to the list. Secondly it doesn't require the device to be active, only keep waking up.

I have now written a guide to the plug-in which I will be posting shortly with the latest version.

Steve