GE/Jasco 12722 switch not updating 'Last Change'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE/Jasco 12722 switch not updating 'Last Change'

I have a GE/Jasco 12722 On/Off switch that occasionally does NOT update the 'Last Change' field in my HS3 controller. It's sort of pot luck as to whether or not the field will be updated when I hit the top On toggle on the switch. I have other Innovelli switches installed that do not have this issue. So, I think I can rule out the HS3 controller.

The configuration for the 12722 switch is as follows:
    Full Name: Second Floor Office Jasco Switch Binary
    Polling: Polling Disabled
    Manufacturer:Jasco
    Products
    Type:0x4952
    ID: 0x3032
    Listens: Yes
    Version: 3.67 (ZDK 4.55)
    Firmware: 3.29
    Neighbor Count:7
    Speed: 40Kbps
    Neighbors: 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    Last Working Route: 13 (40K) Set Route:
    Uses Interface: Home (1) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: SWITCH BINARY, Specific Type: POWER SWITCH BINARY
    Command Classes:
    Supported: Switch Binary(V 1), Switch All, Powerlevel, Configuration, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Node Naming
    Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by BobS0327 View Post
    I have a GE/Jasco 12722 On/Off switch that occasionally does NOT update the 'Last Change' field in my HS3 controller. It's sort of pot luck as to whether or not the field will be updated when I hit the top On toggle on the switch. I have other Innovelli switches installed that do not have this issue. So, I think I can rule out the HS3 controller.

The configuration for the 12722 switch is as follows:
    Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.
    The Jasco switch does not support instant status. There is a methodology where HS can get the status, but it only works with a direct path to the controller. Yours is routed through another node, so the pseudo instant status won't work. The fact that it usually does is surprising.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Something I noticed about a ge Jasco switch that I have. The switch connects directly to the znet and I have another light shut off when this switch shuts off. If I give the switch a quick tap to shut it off the other switch follows, but if I hold the switch down for a long press the znet does not see the change. And although the switch is actually off, if I then give the off another quick tap, then the znet gets a response and shuts off the other light. So at least here quick tap off ,slow hold tap no signal to znet.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        The Jasco switch does not support instant status. There is a methodology where HS can get the status, but it only works with a direct path to the controller. Yours is routed through another node, so the pseudo instant status won't work. The fact that it usually does is surprising.
        It seems as though the switch will correctly update the 'Last Change' column in HS3 about 95% of the time. I can actually watch the 'Last Change' column change as I toggle the switch from on to off and vice versa. I was thinking that maybe this might be a firmware issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BobS0327 View Post
          I was thinking that maybe this might be a firmware issue.
          You cant change firmware of GE switches either. I had a whole house full of them as I was buying them from Lowes in the early days. I now have all HS switches due to instant status and double taps.

Comment

Are there other multi-button scene controllers out there which would be better? I'd like to swap out a few light switches, but after reading about these switches, not sure if GE should be considered.

Is there a multi-button scene controller brand/model that people like and which works reliably with HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
              Are there other multi-button scene controllers out there which would be better? I'd like to swap out a few light switches, but after reading about these switches, not sure if GE should be considered.

Is there a multi-button scene controller brand/model that people like and which works reliably with HomeSeer?
              What do you mean multi button? The GE we are talking about here is not a multi button. The HS switches I use with double and triple taps controls multipule devices but they are not multi button.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                What do you mean multi button? The GE we are talking about here is not a multi button. The HS switches I use with double and triple taps controls multipule devices but they are not multi button.
                Sorry, wording could have been better. I'd like to replace a single [non-smart] switch with a multi-button switch (scene controller?). So I was hoping for some recommendations on a brand/model which works good with HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                  Something I noticed about a ge Jasco switch that I have. The switch connects directly to the znet and I have another light shut off when this switch shuts off. If I give the switch a quick tap to shut it off the other switch follows, but if I hold the switch down for a long press the znet does not see the change. And although the switch is actually off, if I then give the off another quick tap, then the znet gets a response and shuts off the other light. So at least here quick tap off ,slow hold tap no signal to znet.

Stuart
                  Is it possible you have a Dimmer switch which may be dimming to 0 when held down and maybe the other switch is an on/off only switch? A tap on the GE dimmers is Off while holding the bottom is dim and holding the top is brighten.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                  Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Hi,
                    nope, this is not a dimmer. running a set of fluorescent lights and the relay clicks on and off.
                    It is the pseudo instant status but only on a quick tap.
                    Stuart

Comment

Working...
                    X