No announcement yet.

Zwave Combo Smoke/CO2 Unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still a bit confused or not explaining myself well. I'm not looking at the log file for heartbeat update messages or time of change reading. I am looking at the device management page on homeseer computer.

When looking at the "Last Change (date and time)" column for the C02/Smoke Detector Heartbeat row in device management page, I would expect to see the date and time "Last Change" information to update about every sixty minutes? Is this Last Change date and time supposed to change and update on every heartbeat?

For instance when I look at the Last Change column in the homeseer device management page for detector C02/Smoke alarm heartbeat, it says
    12:01:25 AM. It is now 1:30 PM in the afternoon. I thought the Last Change Column would show at least 12:30 PM if the heartbeat happens every 60 minutes? What am I missing here?

If I view the log in homeseer I don't see any detector heartbeat errors. Does the Last Change Column in device management page on homeseer computer NOT display the time/date everytime the heartbeat changes (every 60 minutes).

I would be interested to see some of the event examples you all have created to monitor such things as the heartbeat, battery and alarms. Especially with regards to the heartbeat issues.

Thanks again for all your help and hanging in there with me !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
      When looking at the "Last Change (date and time)" column for the C02/Smoke Detector Heartbeat row in device management page, I would expect to see the date and time "Last Change" information to update about every sixty minutes? Is this Last Change date and time supposed to change and update on every heartbeat?

For instance when I look at the Last Change column in the homeseer device management page for detector C02/Smoke alarm heartbeat, it says
      12:01:25 AM. It is now 1:30 PM in the afternoon. I thought the Last Change Column would show at least 12:30 PM if the heartbeat happens every 60 minutes? What am I missing here?
      When you click on the configuration tab of the device you see a heatbeat do you have this box NOT checked?
      "Do not update device last change time
      if device value does not change"

If this box is checked it will not update the time unless something different happens.

My device is unchecked and my heatbeat time is no more then 1hour 5 and min on all my smokes as of right now.

Also I have never seen any missed or not heatbeat errors in my logs. I believe I have logging turned off or unchecking in the same settings as above for this. So Altho I have been in the logs I don't rem seeing any for my smokes.

Comment

Look at the box checks for the heartbeat itself not the root or the battery.
        Attached Files

Comment

This has been really good info. In my house I don't have interconnected smoke alarms, and wouldn't hear the ones in the garage or downstairs/basement if they went off. I'm going to buy some of the First Alert Z-Wave alarms mentioned here.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

@reidfo
            In my house I don't have interconnected smoke alarms, and wouldn't hear the ones in the garage or downstairs/basement if they went off.
            Note that when one goes off the others do not go off. You still won't hear the ones in the garage unless you create an event to do something like text you, or turn on lights, activate another alarm, etc.

I have this http://www.gocontrol.com/detail.php?productId=13 centrally located in the house and I'm thinking of getting one or two more. If there is a smoke/CO alarm or if there is a water leak, the event activates this alarm(s).

Comment

Working...
            X