Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to display in LCD the one wire temp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to display in LCD the one wire temp ?

You dont need to create any devices. Use a replacement variable for the OneWire temperature in an event that updates one of the LCD lines. When I get to my computer I will post an example.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Here is what I have. It is a 4x20 display mounted in a little stand I found on eBay. A NodeMCU board is attached to the back of the display and the whole thing is connected by a micro USB power cord.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1356a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1196318

Displayed is:
      • The time, outside temperature, humidity
      • The current schedule (Work 7:30) the hot water tank temperature. The "-" sign says it is resting, it is a "+" when heating"
      • Todays total energy usage and the current consumption
      • Moon phase and percentage

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1196319

Comment

Randy - that is very cool
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Very Cool

You always amaze me Randy! Good Job!

Comment

Have a similar setup with a NodeMcu. Very interested in the stand you got from eBay.

Would you mind sharing a link? Looking for this a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
              Have a similar setup with a NodeMcu. Very interested in the stand you got from eBay.

Would you mind sharing a link? Looking for this a long time.
              The vendor has blue and green. I like the blue better. Here is the blue. They sell them with a display. I have not seen just the stand.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the seller

Just saw this video for those good at woodworking - pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPn39jOTI9A
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  The vendor has blue and green. I like the blue better. Here is the blue. They sell them with a display. I have not seen just the stand.

Thank you very much!

mmm does not ship to my corner of the world

Comment

Comment

Cool projects. Are the Arduino devices wireless? I watched Blade's DIY video, and it appeared that it was only connected to power. How does it get the data?

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
                        Cool projects. Are the Arduino devices wireless? I watched Blade's DIY video, and it appeared that it was only connected to power. How does it get the data?
                        Yes, they are wireless. This is the NodeMCU boards that work with the beta version of the plugin.

Greig.
                        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                          Yes, they are wireless. This is the NodeMCU boards that work with the beta version of the plugin.

Greig.
                          Thanks - I was wonder about running wires for these things which are being reported, but wireless makes that simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
                            As Greig stated, the NodeMCU boards are WiFi. An additional advantage is that they allow OTA updates of the sketch. When I need to do an update to a sketch, I don't have to physically access the boards. For the displays, I just attached the NodeMCU to the back of the display board and connect the micro USB to 5V.

Name:	IMG_3972a.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1196373

I have a couple of the boards buried in wall boxes and haven't touched them in a year or more.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              As Greig stated, the NodeMCU boards are WiFi. An additional advantage is that they allow OTA updates of the sketch. When I need to do an update to a sketch, I don't have to physically access the boards. For the displays, I just attached the NodeMCU to the back of the display board and connect the micro USB to 5V.

[ATTACH]68202[/ATTACH]

I have a couple of the boards buried in wall boxes and haven't touched them in a year or more.
                              Thanks Randy - very cool. Not sure how you put all this together, but I'm in awe, and thankful for your willingness to share!
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X