Request - persistent player names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request - persistent player names

Would it be possible to name the players on a permanent basis when listed in HS?
    Ie. "kitchen", "living room" etc. instead of "player 1", "player 2"?

As it is now, if I unplug the kitchen player, "player 1" might become my living room player.
    It would be very convenient to know that you are controlling the correct player in HSTouch.

/aeklo

Are you referring to the names of the HS2 devices for the player information (in the HS2 stat page) or the name of the player as known to SqueezeCenter?

The HS2 devices associated with a player once "registered", known by HS2 are reserved and kept in the plug-in INI file to be reused next the player connects. The name of the player is what is sent by SqueezeCenter, i.e. its name as set in the player (you should see the same name in the SqueezeCenter UI).

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      Are you referring to the names of the HS2 devices for the player information (in the HS2 stat page) or the name of the player as known to SqueezeCenter?

The HS2 devices associated with a player once "registered", known by HS2 are reserved and kept in the plug-in INI file to be reused next the player connects. The name of the player is what is sent by SqueezeCenter, i.e. its name as set in the player (you should see the same name in the SqueezeCenter UI).
      I'm referencing to the HS2 status page names.
      My controller are set up to be players (through headset), and each time I turn them on/off, one of them "steals" the "Player 3" name from my kitchen player. My actions in HSTouch then starts controlling the controller instead, as it references "Player 3".

/aeklo

Comment

Are your players software players or hardware players (SB3, Boom, etc)? if so is their name or id (MAC id) the same? If that is the case, I can see that one overlaps with the other. The other thing to check i ncase you changed it at some point is the 'enabled' setting in the plug-in INI file and within the section of each player. It should be set to true to reserve the HS2 device code for that player (the DeviceCodeBase wil ltell you the starting device code used for that player).

Comment

Are your players software players or hardware players (SB3, Boom, etc)? if so is their name or id (MAC id) the same? If that is the case, I can see that one overlaps with the other. The other thing to check i ncase you changed it at some point is the 'enabled' setting in the plug-in INI file and within the section of each player. It should be set to true to reserve the HS2 device code for that player (the DeviceCodeBase wil ltell you the starting device code used for that player).
          All players are hardware players (one SB2, two SB Receivers, two controllers).
          Checked the .ini - found two DeviceCodeBase = 15, and two = 25. MAC was not identical.
          Could this be due to the two controllers having the same name?
          I manually changed the DeviceCodeBase so that there is a increment of 5 between every player.
          Will test this to see if it sorts out my problems

Comment

IF you have two players using the same DeviceCodeBase they will overlap and use the same HS2 devices.

Comment

IF you have two players using the same DeviceCodeBase they will overlap and use the same HS2 devices.
              Yep, that seemed to fix the problem
              Thanks!

/Aeklo

Comment

Working...
              X