install help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install help needed

I cannot get anything from the plugin. The Squeezebox plugin tab in Homeseer has the column headings but is otherwise empty.

I am using:
    Squeezebox Server Version: 7.4.1
    HomeSeer Version:Standard Edition 2.4.0.3
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">
    </td><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll</td><td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">1.6.0.4</td></tr></tbody></table>
    I am using default settings. No password on the squeeze server. The SB CLI responds via Telnet on the default 9090 port and the web interface on 9000.

I turned on verbose debugging. No connection is established and there are no log entries refering to the plug in other than the configuration changes I made to set up the plugin. From the log:

12/19/2009 4:35:14 PM SqueezeBox Debug PagePut - Form data name: submit_button Value: Save
    12/19/2009 4:35:14 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entered GenPage(). Link: pg=config&ref_page=squeezebox%3Fpg%3Dconfig&slimserverhost=1 92.168.2.176&slimservercliport=9090&slimserverwebport=9000&s limserveruser=&slimserverpass=&connectioninterval=30ificatio nduration=15&cidhistory=10&msgdir=D%3A%5CProgram+Files%5CHom eSeer+HS2%5Cmessages&awd=16&sleft=Weather+Warning&sright=Wea ther+XML+Speak&snext=&sprev=&debug=True&verbosedebug=True&lo gtohs=True&submit_button=Save

Nothing like "connection refused" or the like. Any ideas? Thanks.

I would expect that if verbose logging is enabled much more output should be generated. On the HS2 status page and from the 1st SqueezeBox device, can you try to connect / disconnect to see if it generates additional output. Are SqueezeCenter and HS2 running on the same computer? Have you tried to restart HomeSeer after you installed the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      On the HS2 status page and from the 1st SqueezeBox device, can you try to connect / disconnect to see if it generates additional output.

Are SqueezeCenter and HS2 running on the same computer?

Have you tried to restart HomeSeer after you installed the plugin?
      There is no option to connect the SB device on the status page. Here is the line from the status page.
      <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tableroweven" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><input class="formcheckbox" name="chkOP5544" value="5544" onchange="buildList(this);" type="checkbox"> </td> <td id="dv5544" class="tablecellcustom"> 0 players </td> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">
      </td> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">SqueezeBox</td> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">Player Count </td> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven">_4</td> <td class="tableroweven" nowrap="nowrap">SqueezeBox Device Type</td> <td class="tableroweven" nowrap="nowrap"> Yesterday 4:42:37 PM </td> <form method="post" name="ctrlform" target="deviceframe" action="/stif"></form> <td id="dx5544" class="tableroweven" nowrap="nowrap"> <input name="bookmark" value="5544" type="hidden"> <input name="IFrameRef" value="5544" type="hidden"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
      "player count" drills into the device but there is no option to connect there either.

I restarted HS. HS and the SB server are on different computers.

Comment

Somehow the installation was not successful or did not work correctly; not sure why You should at least have the devices _1 to _4 similar to the screenshot below (#1 to #4 in my case). Try deleting the HS2 devices and restart HS2 with the plug-in enabled.
        Attached Files

Comment

That deleting the player count device and restarting did the trick! Thanks. Although now I have every device EXCEPT the player count. Should I care?

BTW, getting this working with hstouch/iphone is my goal.

Comment

Glad to hear this helped and still strange that now the player count device is missing. Hopefully it will appear next time you restart HS2.

The current version in the updater does not support HSTouch out of the box, i.e. it will not appear as a Music source. I am working on a Beta version that I hope to make available in a few days that will support HSTouch. Looking forward to your feedback once I publish.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              I am working on a Beta version that I hope to make available in a few days that will support HSTouch. Looking forward to your feedback once I publish.
              This i must say is good news

Comment

Working...
              X