How about a Wiki for mcsTemperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a Wiki for mcsTemperature?

The forum is great, but I think it is becoming clear that a Wiki in support of mcsTemperature is needed. In fact, a central Homeseer Wiki in support of all 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts should be provided in addition to the forums. It simply would make Homeseer that much more accessable to its audiance.

A Wiki would be a much better tool for gathering and organizing the information found in the forums. A central source for the most current & best practices.

I would like to write some tutorials about what I am doing with mcsTemperature. When my tutorials become obsolete, they can then be updated easily by me or another volunteer.

It would cut down the work of the authors because a good part of the final user manual would be contributed by the users themselves.

This system works very well in the university for staff/student created software and equipment.

It is a good idea and has been suggested by others with respect to the basic Homeseer documentation. For it to fly it will need to be supported by HST and to make that happen a help desk submittal with HST is where it starts.

Comment

I will submit the request there now.

As for me, I could volunteer 4 hours per month creating, editing, and reviewing content. It would be easy and fun.

Comment

Working...
      X