This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stipus View Post
    I didn't see this feature. Where did you read this ?
    From the manual that was included with the 2 lamp module I got (manual is rubbish BTW), hard to decipher the pigeon english but it appears that ALL modules can send a scene, I am assuming that you could have your module set up as A1 and when it was switched locally that it could send the scene A2 which HS could be programmed to interpret as 'A1 staus changed to ON' or a similar bit of clever programming, this would overcome the need to poll so often.

I'm in work at the moment and the manual is at home, I only got to really experiment with the plug in properly last night and came accross that bit of info when I was looking how to set the 2 Adresses for the module.

I'll have a better look tonight and will try and experiment with it.

Keith

Comment

I think you're mistaken.

All PLCBUS lamp and appliance modules support 16 scene addresses in addition to their primary address:

They can be programmed to dim or bright to a specific dim level/ramp rate when they receive one of the Scene-address-ON command. But they don't send anything on their own.

PLCBUS engineers replied that it would be too difficult to have the modules send their local status, because PLCBUS messages have 2 modes (one-phase, and three-phase).

However, modules such as the Scene-micro-module (or mini-controller 4034E) can be programmed for one-phase or three-phase mode. That's why I think this is possible with a different firmware in the modules...

Fortunately, PLCBUS has a very fast polling method, and we can poll an entire HouseCode (16 devices) in less than 1 second. That's good, but I would really prefer if modules were able send a local status changed message.
      --
      stipus

Comment

I think I'm going to send the new version of the plugin to the updater within the next few days, because I think fast-polling is an important feature of PLCBUS.

If you have any other feature request or change request, please tell me now
        --
        stipus

Comment

If anyone wants to test Fast-Polling before it's released to the updater, I have attached V1.12.2.2 to the post. This version also contains latest fixes, better debug log, and HomeSeer device status for scenes is set to off if any of the scene element status is changed.

To install:

- You need V1.11.2.2 from the HS updater installed first.
          - Download and unzip the attachement without flattening the file tree.
          - Shutdown HomeSeer
          - Delete the old directory HomeSeer 2\html\hspi_plcbus
          - Copy the new files.

New Fast Polling parameters are in the plugin web configuration Interface tab.
          - Fast Polling Enabled (yes / no)
          - Fast Polling Interval (defaults to 60 seconds)
          - Fast Polling House Codes

[EDIT] Attachement removed, as a new version is now available from the updater.
          Last edited by stipus; January 16, 2008, 12:52 PM.
          --
          stipus

Comment

I think you're mistaken.
            That's very possible, the instructions supplied with the modules really are difficult to understand but from your previous post I think I can see where I was mislead

Fortunately, PLCBUS has a very fast polling method, and we can poll an entire HouseCode (16 devices) in less than 1 second. That's good, but I would really prefer if modules were able send a local status changed message.
            I agree.

Comment

If anyone wants to test Fast-Polling
              Yes I will, is it correct that the .dll file should be in the html directory?

Comment

hspi_plcbus.dll should be copied to 2 places:

- Main HomeSeer directory
                - Homeseer 2\html\hspi_plcbus\bin

This is because the Web configuration interface needs access to the dll code.
                --
                stipus

Comment

You are so right .... the zip is wrong...

I just uploaded a new one.

No need to redownload. You can just move the dll to the right place.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Lunkan,

I bet Fast polling may not work 100% with the phase coupler.

If this doesn't work for all modules (on all phases), please post a short log of the plcbus messages, and I'll fix the problem.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

seems to not work at all with 3-phase coupler.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fast polling works on the modules that respond to Tools: Report in use adress and report only on adresses. see log.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think it's currently working only for the modules on the same phase as the interface.

I'll fix this problem by ignoring the GetAllIdPulse messages (one is sent from the coupler, and one is the reply from modules on the same phase as the interface to the coupler), and by processing the new message I found in your log: ReportAllIdPulse3Phase

I think the ReportAllIdPulse3Phase message is sent by the coupler, and it merges the results of GetAllIdPulse from all 3 phases.

Currently the plugin doesn't process this message. I'll fix this asap.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Lunkan,

Can you tell me if the attached version fixes the problem with 3-phase mode Fast Polling and GetInUseAddresses / GetOnlyOnAddresses tools.

For a quick check, you may just go to the web configuration interface, PLCBUS Tools section, and check the 2 commands:

- Report In use Addresses
                            - Report Only On Addresses

ReportOnlyOnAddresses uses the same procedure as Fast Polling.

You should copy the new hspi_plcbus.dll to the directories:
                            HomeSeer 2 and HomeSeer 2\html\hspi_plcbus\bin

[EDIT] attachement removed as a new version is available.
                            Last edited by stipus; January 15, 2008, 09:59 AM.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Doing a quick check.
                              Report In use Addresses: Works
                              Report Only On Addresses: Not work, only get an error message.

Log:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell me what is the error message ?
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X