X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
    Thank you "pcp"!
    Now volume works both on duet and SqueezePlay beta.
    Edit: It's not working, when I adjust the volume with my duet controller then I have two to five digits. Example 41875%, think that it should be 41,875%. This happens both with Squeezebox and Squeezeplay.
    Where do you see these two to five digits? On the player, SqueezeCenter User Interface, HS2 status page, player HS2 devices, or other? Does it make the volume jump to its maximum or is it a display issue?

Comment

It's on the HS status page and when I control the volume from HS it jumps to max. If I control the volume from the duet controller then the two first digit always seems to match the %.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lunkan; March 22, 2009, 02:13 AM.

Comment

It's on the HS status page and when I control the volume from HS it jumps to max. If I control the volume from the duet controller then the two first digit always seems to match the %.
        Are both computers (the one running HS2 and the one running SC) using the same locale and what is the locale that they are using?

Comment

Philippe,
          im sorry, but still get the error message. Both machines, Hs and Slimserver, are set to norwegian.

Code:
          An unexpected error occured in the tcpClient_onLineArrival function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "43.75" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_player.ProcessCommand(String[] cmdArgs) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.HSPI.tcpClient_onLineArrival(String str)]

Comment

Really interesting to see that the string is "43.75", using the dot (US) as the separator instead of the comma (your locale). The conversion (.Net APIs) will fail in these cases.

I modified the code hopefully correcting these errors. I tested it with commas and dots (though my local might not be exactly yours). Could you try the attached 1.6.0 Beta build? Note that each time you change the volume of a player, it will add a message to the HS2 log (no need to enable debug or verbose debug to see them and you could collect them into the plugin log instead of the HS2 log). Send me or post these plugin log entries if it still fails. Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi again
              The Duet still report the same error. I have attached the log file. Some where in there i checked the verbose logging as well.

My Squeezebox Duet has English language, i supose that is not relevant?

Edit: my HS version is .2.3.0.19

Thanks for looking in to this
              Attached Files
              Last edited by markus.bergvoll; March 23, 2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                Are both computers (the one running HS2 and the one running SC) using the same locale and what is the locale that they are using?
                Did you mean same local network? If so my HS machine has 192.168.1.101 and the SC computer is 192.168.1.113

Comment

Did you mean same local network? If so my HS machine has 192.168.1.101 and the SC computer is 192.168.1.113
                  I was referring to the Local of the machine (which will determine how numbers, dates, etc are formatted) on both computers. You can access it from "Regional and Language Options" in the Control Panel (at least for Windows XP). Did you have a chance to try the updated plug-in I posted in dialog #20?

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
                    Hi again
                    The Duet still report the same error. I have attached the log file. Some where in there i checked the verbose logging as well.

My Squeezebox Duet has English language, i supose that is not relevant?

Edit: my HS version is .2.3.0.19

Thanks for looking in to this
                    I looked at the log file and the volume is decoded correctly (log entry 'SqueezeBox Info~~!~~Player Stue volume (80|80|80.75): 80' for example). I only keep the integer part of the volume as HS2 device values only support integers values (loosing some precision of course when setting it from HS2). I don't recall if 2.3.0.19 is a problem or not (I am using 2.3.0.33 or later).

What do you mean by "The Duet still report the same error." and what do you do to reproduce it?

Comment

Did you have a chance to try the updated plug-in I posted in dialog #20?
                      Yes, volume works for me now. Thanks, good work!

Comment

I looked at the log file and the volume is decoded correctly (log entry 'SqueezeBox Info~~!~~Player Stue volume (80|80|80.75): 80' for example). I only keep the integer part of the volume as HS2 device values only support integers values (loosing some precision of course when setting it from HS2). I don't recall if 2.3.0.19 is a problem or not (I am using 2.3.0.33 or later).

What do you mean by "The Duet still report the same error." and what do you do to reproduce it?
                        Might be a misunderstanding here, and im sorry if thats the case.
                        My problem is that i cant use the HS menu that your plugin creates in the Duet controller. It gets populated, but i cant actually use the devices. It says something about a bad file descriptor when i select the device (The controller is battery flat right now)

Thanks

Comment

It's working, anyway here is a bit of vulome logging:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:03 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (17|17|17.5): 17</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:03 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (25|25|25.625): 25</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:03 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (35|35|35): 35</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:03 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (45|45|45): 45</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:03 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (56|56|56.875): 56</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:04 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (56|56|56.25): 56</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:04 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (54|54|54.375): 54</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:04 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (51|51|51.25): 51</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:05 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (46|46|46.25): 46</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:05 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (40|40|40.625): 40</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-03-23 23:12:05 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Player Squeezeslave volume (33|33|33.125): 33</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

HS2 plugin in SC not activating?

Any ideas? Not sure where to look to see why it's not activating, it's simply not listed in the Plug-In screen. I'm running 7.3.1.

Comment

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
                              Any ideas? Not sure where to look to see why it's not activating, it's simply not listed in the Plug-In screen. I'm running 7.3.1.
                              Have you tried enabling logging in SqueezeCenter (select Settings > Advanced > Logging in selection on top left). If you see the entry "(plugin.hs2) - HomeSeer - HS2", set the logging to Debug. If you cannot see it, the plugin was not visible to SqueezeCenter. Still check the log output (URL on top of the page), which hopefully will tell us more why it does not seet it or does not start it. Have you encountered installation problems with other SqueezeCenter plug-ins? Are your running SqueezeCenter on Windows XP or another OS?

I am close to releasing the next Beta version (a week or so) that will use the SqueezeCenter extension downloader to install the SqueezeCenter plugin. This should give us another path to hopefully resolve it.

Comment

Have you tried enabling logging in SqueezeCenter (select Settings > Advanced > Logging in selection on top left). If you see the entry "(plugin.hs2) - HomeSeer - HS2", set the logging to Debug. If you cannot see it, the plugin was not visible to SqueezeCenter. Still check the log output (URL on top of the page), which hopefully will tell us more why it does not seet it or does not start it. Have you encountered installation problems with other SqueezeCenter plug-ins? Are your running SqueezeCenter on Windows XP or another OS?

I am close to releasing the next Beta version (a week or so) that will use the SqueezeCenter extension downloader to install the SqueezeCenter plugin. This should give us another path to hopefully resolve it.
                                Sorry - got it to show up, and I can go through the devices/events, but there are three issues:

- I always get a timeout (instantly) when I pick an action.

- It always shows a "A02" as the first thing on the menu - what's up with that?

- It doesn't show up in the Web-UI (under Extras or wherever)? That could be useful for a number of reasons.

Thanks!
                                -Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X